*HNS (Chapter Eight)

Chapter 8

        Trades

*Two weeks later*

I MADE SURE NOTHING like the almost kiss was going to happen. I will be out of my mind if I do!

Zack has been treating me like a little kid. Asking me if I was hungry tired or had to use the bathroom.

“Let’s go outside,” I suggested. I was so tired of being in this room for this long.

We sat outside on the cold grass; it was refreshing being out here. I stared at a flower for about ten minutes or so, just looking at its details and thinking about things that have been going on.

I looked up at Zack, who I guess had been looking at me this whole time. He leaned down close to my face, but I quickly turned my head away and looked at the wall.

Insane, stupid, crazy are the thoughts going through my head.

“Are you tired?” He asked.

“No. I’m fine.”

We got up and left quickly, not speaking a word to each other.

The next day, it almost happened again. I woke up with my head on his chest, a normal thing I do. Then I leaned over and looked at him and he pulled me closer to him. But I sat up and said I was really hungry.

I was worried I was going to break and give in.

It’s starting to get insane, being near him. Why does he have to be so nice to me? Why can’t he be a jerk or something so that I would hate him?

“Zoey is sick. She must have gotten a cold or something,” I told Zack a few days later.

“I’m sure she will be fine,” Zack told me, sitting next to me on the couch.

“I hope...”

“Sam, has something been bothering you?”

“No of course not,” I muttered.

I turned my head, not wanting him to see my face. I could feel his stare the whole time.

“Sam.”

I turned my head and he was right there, eyes piercing.

“W-what?” I stuttered.

Then I unthinkingly leaned closer to him. We within an inch of each other, the whole time my conscience was screaming at me. He leaned the rest of the way, crushing his lips to mine.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, forgetting about right and wrong, forgetting about where I was and my situation, and forgetting what he has done to me. Then the door opened.