Chapter 2

I was born __________, 1988 in Compton.. 7lbs. 9oz. A little fat baby. Haha.. Growing up in Compton at that time was rough.. Everybody was struggling. The Riots, constant shootouts on a daily basis no matter what time of day, prostitutes hanging on the corner, drug deals, druggies, lost children. All of it. There was nothing to do but try and survive. Personally speaking though my parents, myself and my siblings all had to struggle. I'm the 3rd oldest out of 12 children.

My pops was there.. Up until I was 6 and cancer took him away, momma was a wreck after that, she didn't want to do anything anymore due to the of sadness of her heart, her grieving and all of that from losing poppa.

He'd always told me when he looked at me he saw something he didn't see in my other brothers and sisters, I remember he said to me "Baby, you're going to go through a hell of a struggle throughout your entire life.. But you're going to make it.. You're going to make it my little soldier."

Those were his last words to me.. Because he died the day after.

Momma and Daddy always strived to provide the best life they could for us and no matter what, I myself was and always will be thankful. I wasn't a lonely child thanks to them, my brothers and sisters irked my nerve half the time but I was glad to have them.

Momma passed away when I turned 13, the same exact day, and for awhile.. I hated her for leaving me, she wouldn't be able to see me get my first boyfriend, we wouldn't have the talks that mothers and daughters have, she'd never be there for my prom, she'd never be there when I graduated law school, or when I had my first child. But as I got older I grew to understand better.. At least she held on for some years and I love her nonetheless for it.

Mommy's death was my downfall. I became a rebellious soul, absolutely nothing and one could stop me from doing what I wanted to do. By the age of 15 I'd practically done it all. I'd been arrested for disorderly conduct, possession of illegal drugs, possessing illegal drugs under the legal age, driving while intoxicated, driving without a legal guardian, driving a stolen vehicle.. That was all in one night. I'd been arrested for petty theft, violence.. A lot of things.

That same night after getting arrested for disorderly conduct and everything my oldest brother Jason came to bail me out and try to talk some sense into me.. But I didn't listen to him.

My life.. Didn't turn around and set me on the straight path until my twin brother Seth died right in my arms. I was 17 then and it took another tragic death for me to realize what I was doing wasn't the right way for me to go.. And it wasn't going to land me anywhere but in a coffin with Seth, momma and daddy or in jail. I didn't want any of the two so.. I finished high school at the top of my class, finished college with a 4.5 GPA and went to law school then gratefully became the head attorney at Brown & Sanders Law Office alongside Chris and Dom of course.

And through alllllll of that I made it ... Like Daddy said.. I made it through that hell. And through that.. I still have to tell you how I met Chris and Dom.. Let's rewiiiiiiind.

Back in I'd say.. About '95 I was probably around 6-7, mommas friend/our new neighbor Joyce had two sons and pretty much like any other childhood neighbors.. We all became friends. Clicking as soon as we met and growing up together even til now.

Chris is/was the goofy type brother, always joking, dancing, all that good stuff.

Dom is/was the distant one.. Kept to himself but wasn't dry you know ? He was a good kid.

They both are rowdy as hell and nuts when they're together. They click but you know being siblings, you have your moments when you just go straight at each other's necks. That was them, in a way, I was a mediator for the both of them and sadly enough.. Though we tried to keep it at the "we're best friends and nothing more" level it was a fail.. Chris asked me out in 8th grade, Dom told me not to do it and I didn't listen. We dated, much to Dom's dismay and he ended up being very upset with us, being his distant self. Everything was going great for Chris and I up until I'd say about almost a year of Chris and I being together, we got into a really bad argument and Dom was my comfort.. You probably already know what I mean by that. One thing led to another and we had sex. By that time I had probably just turned 15, so yeah.

In that area Dom and Chris were completely different. Both were extravagant when it came to sex but they had different styles of how to do it. Chris was the more so aggressive one, Dom was the sensual one.. Both what I needed in my life which is what made things complicated between them and me, until we really decided that we were going to end the relationships and stay best friends. Since my last year of college, I haven't slept with any of them. We still have our moments, but let me not dwell on that.

So you see.. That's not my entire life story but I'm sure through all of that you get the gist of it. I was and still am in love with twin brothers.

------------------------------------

Pulling up in front of Roscoe's Chicken And Waffles I park my car and hop out, adjusted my aviator lenses and walked into the restaurant. Greeted by the scent of sweet honey, chicken tenders, waffles, and the sounds of grease popping, chatter and the such.

"Y/N!!" I heard my name being called before being swooped into a pair of muscled arms

I knew that voice anywhere.

"DRE!!! Oh my fuck, I've missed you so much. Put me down! Put me down! Let me get a look at you." I squeal

Dre sets me down on the floor and I look him over in amazement. "Little brother done grown up. You a man now huh ?" I smile as I finally look into his face

Dre.. Is the baby of our entire family. He went to England to start his college life and since he started it'd been awhile since we last saw him. Dre made me proud.. I felt like a mother to him, I raised him, bathed him clothed him, fed him.. All of it since when momma passed he was only 4. He doesn't remember much about her but he remembers her singing nothing in depth about her.

"You've grown so much, about to make me cry." I dab my finger in the corners of my eyes

He pulls me into a tight hug once again and kisses my forehead. "It's alright Y/N. I'm back and I'm here to stay. Can't be away from you for long."

"Who you here with ?" I question trying to look over his broad shoulders but not being able to

"Ah, lookie here, is that Miss L/N ?"

My heart dropped and in the process my face flushed red hot.