Chapter 15

Stephanie's POV

I wake up to my phone ringing in the middle of the night. I see its Aj's teacher Ms. Shepherd calling. "Hello?" I ask confused as I answer the phone. "Hi it's Amelia Shepherd I'm sorry to call you in the middle of the night but I found your son Seth on the side of the road he was hit by a car." She said. "What? No you must be mistaken Seth is in his bed with Aj sleeping. I tucked them in hours ago." I said confused as I got up. "Mrs. McMahon I'm sure it's Seth. You have to get here right away he's in surgery right now." She said. I got to Seth and Aj's room and look in the bed to see only Aj there sleeping and Seth's backpack is gone too. "Oh my god! I'll be right there." I said and hung up. I do everything I can to keep from breaking down and crying. Why would Seth leave in the middle of the night. Was he kidnapped? Did he run away? I can't worry about that now. I have to get to the hospital as fast as I can. I have to get to Seth. He needs me now.

I quickly pick up sleeping Aj trying not to wake him. Then I wake up Hunter and try to quickly explain to him what happened. He's just as shocked and confused as me. We quickly drive to the hospital.

At the hospital we talk to the doctors and Ms. Shepherd who says she saw everything that happened. Then we wait for Seth to get out of surgery.

Once he is out of surgery the doctor tells us Seth's right side is badly damaged especially his right knee. He may never walk again. I start crying when I hear this. Now we have two injured kids. What was Seth doing out in the street in the middle of the night?