Chapter 3

Stephanie's POV

The older boy carried the younger boy all the way to our office building. Hunter and I both offered to carry him for him but the older boy refused.

We got to work and people gave us plenty of weird looks for bring the two boys in but we didn't care. "Hunter can you go find them some food and some clothes from the clothing donation bin please?" I asked my husband once we were settled in our office. "Of course honey." He said and left the room.

Once he was gone I looked over at the boys. "Sweetheart what are your names?" I asked the older boy. "I'm Seth and this my little brother Aj. I'm 5 and he's two." The boy called Seth answered. I smiled softly and gently at them. "Do you want to put your brother done on the couch?" I asked gesturing to a couch we had across the room. Seth nodded and carried Aj to the couch set him down and sat next to him. I noticed Aj was hugging a stuffed wolf to his chest and had a baby blanket wrapped around him. I sighed quickly to myself. They are so very young to be out on their own like this with no one to take care of them.

We waited for Hunter to come back with the food and clothes. Soon he was back and the boys ate like they had never got fed before. Poor things must have been starving out there all on their own.

Once they were done eating we handed them the clothes Hunter had picked out for them. "Seth do you need help changing." I asked sweetly after giving him the clothes. "N-no but Aj does. Please don't hurt him." Seth whispered to me so only I could hear him. I nodded. Seth went into our bathroom to change. I looked over at Hunter. "I'll leave the room while you change him." Hunter said. I nodded in thanks and he left our office.

I slowly helped Aj get undressed and I gasped a little when I saw all the bruises all over this poor little kid's body. I wondered if Seth's body looked the same. Someone had been beating these kids or at least Aj but probably Seth too. I then quickly noticed Aj wasn't wearing any shoes but I soon found out why. His right ankle was twisted badly and hugely swollen and black and blue and purple all over it. It looked really painful and sore. It almost made me wince just looking at it. This poor kid. Aj whimpered a lot as I changed him and I tried to be as careful as I possibly could. I finished with Aj and soon Seth came out of the bathroom. "Seth who did this to you and your brother?" I asked. Seth knew what I meant right away and looked down at his feet. "Seth please tell me I only want to help you and your brother and do what's best for you guys ok?" I asked softly. Seth nodded. "M-my aunt and u-uncle." Seth said quickly. "Ok." I said and nodded. "They won't hurt you two ever again ok? Hunter and I will protect you both and make sure none of this ever happens again. We won't let them hurt you guys ever again and we will make sure they never find you again either?" I asked quickly. Seth and Aj nodded.

I left them alone in the office for a bit and stepped outside the office so I could talk to Hunter and tell him what was going on. "We have to help them Hunter." I said. "Of course we can honey and we will." Hunter reassured me. Then we went back into our office to check on the boys and actually get some real office work done.