Chapter 9

Stephanie's POV

Aj is out of the hospital now. His surgery went ok but the doctors aren't sure if his ankle will ever heal or if he'll ever be able to walk properly.

But now it's Monday and it's been a week since we found the boys. It's also a very special day. Hunter and I have taken the day off because we have decided to adopt Seth and Aj. "Seth do you and Aj want to stay here with us forever?" I had asked him last night when I tucked them into bed. "Yes we do." Seth had answered. Aj already calls me mama or mommy.

So after breakfast we got the boys in the car and drove to the adoption agency. I had already called and made an appointment and explained our situation of finding the boys to them.

We went in and a woman was waiting for us. She would watch the boys while we talked to someone about adopting them.

The man pulled up their file. "Well they came from Iowa. Their parents were drug dealers and drug addicts. The mom tired to kill herself and her family one night and set the house on fire. Then she overdosed on drugs. The parents both died in the fire. Seth and Aj were sent to live with their aunt and uncle here in Minneapolis Minnesota. That was a year ago." The guy explains. Wow! I feel so bad that Seth and Aj had to experience all that so early on in their lives. "Were Seth and Aj hurt in the fire?" I asked feeling bad. "Yes they were both burned and Aj's ankle was broken." The man said. I feel so bad for them. Aj had to deal with a broken ankle for a whole year. But at least they have healed and recovered from the burns now and they have no scars.

Soon we are able to sign the adoption papers and Seth and Aj are officially ours!