Chapter 4

Hunter's POV

For the rest of the day we had to be at work Aj stayed by Stephanie. Seth mostly sat quietly on the couch. Since we own a toy company we got the boys toys to play with. Aj was happy with the toys but Seth didn't seem interested. He only played with them because Aj asked him to play with him.

Aj took a nap on the couch in the middle of the afternoon but woke up screaming an hour later because of a nightmare. When Seth asked him what was wrong Aj said they found him and beat him again in the nightmare. Stephanie tried to reassure him that that wouldn't happen again and we would protect him and Seth which calmed him down a lot.

On the walk home from work Seth let Stephanie carry Aj this time and he fell asleep in her arms on the walk home as she carried him. I asked Seth if he wanted to be carried too but he shock his head and said no thanks very politely.

Once we got back to our pent house Aj finished taking his nap on the couch and Seth watched cartoons on tv while Stephanie made dinner.

Seth woke up Aj when dinner was ready and we all ate together. Then I cleaned up and did the dishes while Stephanie gave both the boys a bath.

After the bath she changed them into clean pajamas we had also found for them in the clothing donation bin at work. After that she tucked them into bed together in the guest room and read them a kids book she had also found for them at work.

Once the boys were asleep Stephanie and I watched tv for a bit before deciding to go to bed ourselves.

At 3 in the morning Seth came in carrying a crying Aj in his arms. Stephanie and I immediately woke up hearing our bedroom door open suddenly. "Seth Aj what's wrong?" Stephanie asked. "Aj had a nightmare and I can't calm him down. Can we sleep in here with you guys?" Seth asked. "Yes of course." Stephanie said and made room for them in the bed. Seth put Aj on the bed and then climbed in himself. Stephanie and I snuggled the boys between us and we soon all fell back to sleep.