Chapter 2

Seth's POV

I ran as fast as I could. I had to get out of there. My arms wrapped tightly around Aj as I ran. Aj's arm were wrapped tightly around my neck and his legs wrapped tightly around my waist as I ran with him, holding onto each other. We were truly all each had left in this world.

After our parents died we were sent to live with our aunt and uncle we had never met before in a new city and place we had never seen or been to before. I didn't know where we were but all I knew was we weren't in Iowa anymore. I was 4 and Aj was 1 when we were sent to this awful place and we had lived there a year now.

Aj and I were beaten everyday. But Aj got it worst because he was younger and weaker than me. We shared a room and one night I heard Aj crying in the middle of the night. I got up and went to his crib. "Aj don't cry it's ok I'll protect you anyways. I promise I won't let them hurt you anymore ever again." I told him. Aj nodded and tried to stopped crying.

But the next day it happened again. They beat him again and there was nothing I could do to stop it as he screamed and cried.

So that night after they had gone to bed I woke Aj up and got him out of his crib. "Come on we're getting out of here once and for all." I said holding onto him tightly.

We were only in pajamas and we didn't have any warm clothes because they didn't take care of us very well. But I found my old sweater and put it on even though it was way too small for me now. I found Aj a sweater that was too big for him and wrapped him in it. Then I wrapped his baby blanket around him and handed him his stuffed wolf. Then I put on my too small for me sneakers and picked up Aj. Then we left for what we both hoped would be forever.

I ran and ran and ran. My whole body sore, hurt, and aching but I would not stop until we got away. Until we were both safe. Finally my body gave out and I landed in a strange snowy place and it was snowing now and super cold. I sat in the snow and started crying. "Seth bwther why are you crying?" Aj asked. I hugged him close to me. "I'm scared Aj." I cried. I had never been somewhere alone without a grown up before. "It's ok. Can we go to sleep?" Aj asked. "Yes." I nodded and kissed his head. We snuggled into the snow and held onto each other for warmth and fell asleep.

We didn't wake up until the next morning when two people we had never seen before were staring at us.