Chapter 8

Seth's POV

We have lived with Stephanie and Hunter for a few days now. Today is Friday and it's the day of Aj's surgery. Aj is really scared and I am too. I don't want anything to happen to my little brother.

"Are you guys ready?" Stephanie asked us. "No." Aj said nervous and shaking. "Aj it's going to be ok sweetie." Stephanie said. "No it's gonna hurt." Aj cried. Stephanie quickly picked up Aj and held him. "It will hurt but it will make you feel better afterwards." Stephanie said and Aj nodded.

We get our things and go to the car. Stephanie straps us into our car seats and gets in the car. She starts driving to the hospital. I really like Stephanie she is like a mama to Aj and I. Hunter is nice too but we spend more time with Stephanie. Ever since that day we went shopping with her she has stayed with us.

We soon get to the hospital and she carries Aj in. I follow behind her. We have to wait for a long time in a waiting room. Aj fell asleep in Stephanie's lap. Stephanie is watching the tv with some old guy blabbing on and on. I'm playing my new 3DS trying to figure out my new Pokémon game.

Finally they call Aj's name and we follow a doctor into a hospital room. Soon doctors and nurses are poking stuff in Aj and he starts screaming. "Don't hurt him!" I cry. "Seth sweetie they are not trying to hurt Aj they need to put that stuff in him for the surgery. Stephanie said and I nodded understanding.

Soon after they are gone Aj calms down and I lay with him until they have to take him to surgery. "I love you little brother." I said and kissed his head before they took him away for surgery. Then I just waited with Stephanie for what felt like forever. I played my 3DS and she read a book.

Finally after a really long time the doctors brought Aj back but he was sleeping. The doctor took Stephanie out in the hall to talk to her and I stayed with Aj. He had a big blue cast on his ankle.

When Stephanie came back in she was crying. "What's wrong mo- Stephanie?" I asked. "Oh nothing honey." She said and wiped her eyes quickly.

Soon Aj woke up. "Hi Seth hi mommy." He said. "Hi Aj." I said. Did he just call Stephanie mommy? "Hi sweetie." Stephanie said smiling really big. She must have noticed what Aj called her.

Aj had to sleepover at the hospital so me and Stephanie decided to sleep here with him. Hunter came by to see Aj earlier and Hunter and Stephanie talked in the hall about something that made them sad but I didn't hear what it was. But now Hunter is gone and we are going to sleep.