Chapter 16

-AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hello my friends! So I was writing this chapter and everything was going great until I went to add the picture and had some technical difficulties. I don't know what button I pushed, but it wasn't what I wanted and the original version of this chapter didn't save. :( So, my apologies if this isn't as good as some of the other chapters, but I did my best replicate what the original version was supposed to be. I also changed the ending because the other one sucked and I thought this one would be WAY better-

"Why do you care so much about the feelings of a child? They are young and do not understand the ways of the world," Prince Rorick asked.

"A child needs constant care and yes, they are young, but they need someone with a good, kind heart to teach them about the real world...one without fairytales," Princess Alice stressed the last part.

"And what about that knight? How do you know him so well?" Princess Alice thought of an excuse.

"Jacob is always there when I am there and in his eyes, Ryan is only another little brother. He sneaks food to him when he can during lunch" Alice explained knowing that if the story were real, it would be true.

"Why would you be there during lunch time?" the Prince questioned.

"I like to have lunch with my horse and feed her carrots from Ryan's garden. He says it makes the horses happy," she quickly came up with an excuse.

"Why treat a beast with such formalities? It is only an animal and to feed it food from a little peasant boy's garden? I would not trust such food."

"Jade is my friend and I trust her to get me away from trouble. Yes, Ryan might be a peasant, but his family are farmers, so I trust his skills. Ryan is also very caring towards the animals, which is why my father let him have the job at only seven years old. His family grows some of the biggest juiciest fruit in our kingdom," Prince Alice explained. "Speaking of which..." she stopped her horse and tied it to the post; Prince Rorick following her lead.

"My goodness! Princess Alice, it has only been four days since I last saw you! What brings you here?" Margaret cheerily asked.

"You mean you actually sneak out of the safe castle walls to buy  fruit from a peasant when the castle food is the best there is?" Prince Rorick asked incredulously. Margaret's cheery attitude quickly vanished. Margaret opened her mouth to say something, but thought better of it.

"You! Prince Rorick, how do plan to grace us with your presence? With your arrogant posture or have you come to rob the people?" the fruit stand lady asked.

"How dare you speak to me like that peasant! I am a Prince and you are only a peasant, therefore you must treat me with respect!" Prince Rorick explained.

"I will not! You are an evil, arrogant man and have no business being here in our kingdom, on our grounds, much less with the Princess," Margaret fumed.

"You are nothing but a fat fruit stand lady that has no respect for authority!" he shouted. Margaret's face turned red.

"How dare you talk to her that way! Margaret is a hard worker and is more of a person than you will ever be!" Princess Alice defended her.

"Is this man giving you trouble?" a man on a white horse said. Alice relaxed when she saw it was Derek.

"Yes sir! He is offending my fruit that my family and I grow ourselves," Margaret explained.

"Is this true sir?" Captain Riley asked.

"I did no such thing! This peasant called me arrogant! I demand that she apologizes and is beheaded!" Prince Rorick placed the blame.