Party

A/N- yeah, I kinda gave up on sleeping tonight...
It has been several years since Ciel's birth and you had to admit, he had grown into the sweetest boy.
"Y/N!" Ciel came running at you from the garden.
"Young master?"
He came up to you with the biggest grin, "father is taking us to a party and you can come if you want! Come on
Y/N! What do you say?"
"A party, eh? Unfortunately, I don't have a dress or anything to go in." You sighed.
"Yes you do! Father got you a dress!"
'My master got me a dress?' You smiled, "where is your father?"
"Oh yeah, he wants to meet you in his room." Ciel replied. You patted his head, "thanks, young master."

You bowed and headed to Vincent's room. On arrival, you knocked but before you could say anything, Vincent opened the door, greeting you with a smile as he ushered you inside.
"Master? What's this about I dress? If you don't mind me asking." Vincent chuckled and pulled out a box from the oak wood wardrobe and handing it to you. Curiously you opened it to find an elegant blue and black dress, folded up neatly.

(If you don't like it just imagine your own)

"Master, I can't accept this. It's too much." You looked down. Vincent smiled, "It's yours and I'd like you to come to the party with us this evening if it doesn't trouble you." You sighed and looked up at him, "I'll come to the party if that is what you wish."
He nodded and with that, you dismissed yourself. Tonight should be an interesting experience.
Timeskip to the party~
You got out of the carriage and held your hand out to Vincent, helping him out the carriage. He took it and smiled. Ciel, childishly, leaped into your arms.
He had only recently recovered from an illness yet he still insisted on coming. Ciel can be so stubborn sometimes...
You didn't mind though. The three of you walked into the manor of which the party was held. Rachael, unfortunately, couldn't go so she stayed back at the Phantomhive manor.

"Wow, so many people." Ciel leaned into you and watched in awe. Putting Ciel down, you entered the main party room. Not wanting him to get lost, you held Ciel's hand and led him to a quieter area, with Vincent in tow behind you two.
"Ah, such a lovely child you two have." A man complemented you and Vincent.
"Oh no sir," you began, "he's not my child. I'm just a serva-"
"She's a friend who I've invited." Vincent interrupted whilst giving you slight wink.
'Friend?' You thought, confused.
The man apologised, "oh my apologies, you two seemed like a couple."
"It's no problem."
He bowed and walked off to greet another man wearing a brown suit. You were about to ask what Vincent meant by 'friend' until the man again came over with the other male he was talking to.
"My lord, allow me to introduce The Baron Kelvin."
"P-pleased to meet you." 'Kelvin' stuttered.
You narrowed your eyes at him in suspicion. Something about him seemed off.
"Pleased to meet you." Vincent greeted while shaking hands with him. Placing a hand on Ciel's head, he said, "go on, you introduce yourself first."
"Good evening, Baron Kelvin. My name is Ciel." He innocently smiled. Kelvin blushed in awe and then looked at you, "and you are, my lady?"
"It's Y/N." you retorted, looking away. You swore you could see the faintest blush on his face. 'Tch, disgusting.'
Ciel suddenly ran over to someone, who you recognised was Chlaus, and happily hugged him. Vincent also warmly greeted him. It had been a while since you'd seen Chlaus. Finding an excuse to leave Kelvin, you went over to Chlaus, Ciel and Vincent.
"Oh and Y/N is here too!" Chlaus cheered, "how have you been, my friend?"
"Me?" You smiled, "pleasant, thank you. And yourself, my lord?"
"Oh, Y/N. There is no need for such formalities. We're friends!" He cooed as he began spinning you around with a happy grin on his face. You looked at Vincent with a 'help me' look. He chuckled. "Alright, Chlaus. Let her go."
Chlaus complied and scratched the nape of his neck in embarrassment, "ha, sorry Y/N."
"It's no problem, Chlaus." You beamed.

It had been a few hours and Ciel was getting tired so you and Vincent decided it would be best to return home.
"Well, I have to say, that was a splendid evening." Vincent commented.
"It was."
For the rest of the carriage ride, you and Vincent sat in comfortable silence as Ciel ended up falling asleep on your lap.
Upon arrival at the Phantomhive manor, you bid Vincent goodnight and carried Ciel to his room. At the back of your mind however, you had this nagging feeling that something was going to happen. Something that you had no power over.