Little Phantomhive

A/N- Guess who has nothing to do again! XD so here's another one.
Vincent and Rachael have been married now for a while and are actually having a baby. During the week, Rachael is due. A little boy it will be. You couldn't help but feel happy for the couple. It's as if the contract between you and Vincent never existed. You sighed remembering that one day you'll have to tear this family you've grown to love apart.

Y/N!" Vincent yelled for you. He seemed panicked.
"Yes, Master?" You called back from the bottom of the staircase.
"The baby!"
"Baby? Now?"
"YES!"
You didn't know what to do. You can't handle small children, let alone infants. 'Do I have to deliver it myself?!'
You ran upstairs to Rachael and Vincent's room. It was too late to go to any hospital, you knew that and Rachael was in a lot of pain for sure.
"My lady, I need you to calm down and take steady breaths." You said calmingly as you walked over to her bedside. She complied and stopped screaming but you noticed her gripping into Vincent's hand as if constricting it like a python. During her labour, you spoke reassuringly to keep her calm. You even spoke about unrelated subjects like what her and Angelina had been up to, in an attempt to take her mind of the pain.

Finally, after a few hours, the baby arrived. You were the first one to hold him.
"You did it, my lady!" You smiled, "he's as healthy as ever." Rachael began bawling her eyes out. Thinking you did something wrong, you looked at Vincent.
"Wow Y/N... you did good today." He complemented.
'I did?' You thought.
Handing Vincent the baby, who they named Ciel, you left the room and smiled to yourself.
"Well done today, Miss Y/N." Tanaka said as he clapped.
"Ah, Tanaka, I don't need such praise. I merely did what was necessary." You looked back at the door where you could faintly hear the two nobles talking. Tanaka and you began talking for a while in the servants quarters until the bell rang from the Master's bedroom.
"Sorry to cut this short, Tanaka" you got up, "but it seems the Master is in need of my assistance."
Tanaka nodded and you dismissed yourself.
"Master, what did you need?" You knocked on the door. Vincent opened it and you were greeted with the loud wail from Ciel.
"We've tried everything to get him to sleep" Rachael sighed, "but he just won't."
"You want me to try?" You asked, puzzled. Rachael nodded and handed you Ciel.
"Sorry for troubling you at this hour,
Y/N." Vincent apologised on behalf of them both.
"No" you smiled, "you two need your rest. Have a pleasant night, Master, My lady." Bowing, you left with the crying Ciel in your arms.
"Why are you crying?" You asked bluntly as if he would respond. Letting out a frustrated sigh, you looked in Ciel's ocean like blue eyes. Ciel returned your gaze and temporarily stopped crying.
"Now, how do I put you to sleep? Sing perhaps" you sighed, "sorry Ciel but I'm not good with small children." You took Ciel downstairs and sat on a rocking chair with him in your arms and swayed. Closing your eyes, you began to sing...

Lullaby, and good night, in the skies stars are bright.
May the moon's silvery beams bring you sweet dreams.
Close your eyes now and rest, may these hours be blessed.
'Til the sky's bright with dawn, when you wake with a yawn.

Lullaby, and good night, you are mother's delight.
I'll protect you from harm, and you'll wake in my arms.

Sleepyhead, close your eyes, for I'm right beside you.
Guardian angels are near, so sleep without fear.
Lullaby, and good night, with roses bedight.
Lilies o'er head, lay thee down in thy bed.

Lullaby, and good night, you are mother's delight.
I'll protect you from harm, and you'll wake in my arms.

Go to sleep, little one, think of puppies and kittens.
Go to sleep, little one, think of butterflies in spring.
Go to sleep, little one, think of sunny bright mornings.
Hush, darling one, sleep through the night...

You sighed and opened your eyes. Looking down at, the now sleeping, Ciel in your arms, you smiled. "So you're going to teach Vincent, eh? About life, love, family?" You thought out loud, "I'll keep you and your parents safe. I promise, Ciel."
"Y/N?" Vincent spoke from behind you.
"Why are you up, master?"
"Y/N, from now on, I want you to put Ciel's safety above my own."
You looked at him shocked, "But the contract-"
"That's an order"
You stared at him 'an order?'
Vincent never spoke to you like that. Not so bluntly. He never said anything was an order.
"Yes, master."
He smiled, "who knew you were so good with children."
"To be honest, I didn't know either. All my past experiences with small children didn't go so well."
"Oh, I see. Well you appear to be a natural at any rate." He cooed.
"Master?" You went serious, "why would you start a family when you know full well what's going to happen to you?" He was silent for a while.
"I wanted to have a normal life. As I noble, I have to get married so there can be a new head of the family. I love them."
You sighed, "I know you do but think about when the contract is complete. What will happen to them?"
"That's the problem. I know, it's selfish but-"
"I understand. Sorry for asking such a question. It's not my place." You looked down.
"It's okay, Y/N." he assured you.
"You should return to your room, master. I'll look after Ciel for the night."
Vincent merely nodded and went to his room. You made him think. 'Was this really the right thing to do?'