Awake

The small boy groaned as he came to his senses. He let out a hoarse cough and shakily sat up on his knees. It took a while for his vision to become unclouded, but after a few minutes he was able to observe his surroundings. He was in his room, yet it felt far from home. His desk was smashed against what little amount of wall was left, his bed sheets and pillows were torn up, and the door was hanging by a single hinge after it looked to be blasted open. And that's when he turned around, and saw something that broke him. His guitar. What once was new, sleek and majestic, was now a tattered, splintered mess on the hard floor. Pearly tears slipped down his fragile, almost skeletal facial structure.

Wha..W-What happened..?

The boy thought long and hard about what had happened beforehand, what had caused this mess. He wiped his tears and stumbled to his feet, clutching the bedstead for support. If he was going to remember what had happened, it might help if he actually got up off his arse.

The boy limped into the remains of his hallway, destroyed windows scattering shards of glinting glass. Memories began seeping their way back into his head. He could remember explosions, screams and the screeching of metal against metal. And that's all he could remember, before he guessed he passed out. Dragging on through the decrepit hall, he saw a glimpse of the outside from a hole in the wall. And it petrified him to the core.

Drones.

Drones by the millions.