You Hear Him Talking About You - Johnson

It's my first time going back to Nebraska with Jack to meet his hometown family and friends.

We've been dating for about seven months and I met his friends in LA, but going home with him is way more serious.

I'm so excited.

I meet his mom and Jack, his mom, and I sit in the living room for a bit just talking and getting to know one another.

My phone rings suddenly and I look at it, seeing my mom calling.

"Excuse me, I have to take this," I smile politely before walking around the wall.

I chat with my mom for a little bit before telling her what's going on, hanging up the phone soon after.

"She seems like a lovely girl, Jack," I hear Jennifer gush to my boyfriend.

"She is. She's the nicest, prettiest, smartest, funniest girl I've ever met," he replies with a dreamy tone.

I snicker, wanting to give him so much shit for his attitude but I don't want them to hear me.

"I've never heard you talk about a girl like this before. Do you think she's the one?"

"Yes," he responds immediately.

My playful grin slowly dissolves as I realize how serious this is.

"Well she better be, if you guys already moved in together," I hear Jennifer take a deep breath.

"She takes care of me and the house perfectly, mom, don't worry," he assures her.

"Alright, I'll take your word for it."

"She's amazing, I promise. I couldn't ask for anyone better."

I smile at my boyfriend's loving words.

I walk back into the living room like I didn't hear anything.

"I'm sorry, it was my mom," I apologize.

"Oh no worries honey, it's great to see Jack found someone who cares about her family," Jennifer smiles at her son slyly.