The Other Jack Walks In On a Fight - Gilinsky

"Ugh," I groan, slouching in the middle of the couch between my husband, Jack Gilinsky, and his best friend, Jack Johnson.

"What's wrong?" Johnson asks, half paying attention.

"I'm on my period," I whine.

"Nothing I can do to help you with that," Johnson mutters.

"If you were pregnant this wouldn't be happening," Jack mumbles under his breath.

I see Johnson give him a surprised look but I give my husband an annoyed look.

We've already had this discussion a hundred times.

"I told you I'm not ready." I don't even try to hide my annoyed tone.

"And I told you no one's actually ready for a baby," he replies.

"You have to be ready financially, psychically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually and I don't think I'm ready in all of those categories for a baby," I respond, my tone rising.

"Well I am," Jack's tone raises too.

"Good for you but are you going to be the only parent?" I question, sitting up to feel more dominant.

It doesn't work, since the brunette sits up as well.

"No but I could help you through those steps."

"I said no Jack, just accept the goddamn answer," I holler.

"No, it's not what I want to hear," he shouts back.

"You're not ready to be a parent if that's your attitude!" I cry.

"I am so ready-""Whoa, guys," Johnson finally interrupts.

"Gilinsky, I think she understands you want a baby and she wants to give you a baby, just when she's ready. You can't force someone to be ready for a baby, and if you guys did have a baby right now, it would be an unwanted baby," he lays out.

Gilinsky sits back and crosses his arms. "Yeah, I guess."

I sigh, running a hand through my hair. "Just give me a while, babe. I'll tell you when I'm ready to have a baby."