You See Each Other After the Break Up - Gilinsky

It's been five months since the day that changed everything.

Jack had texted me and told me that he wanted to talk after I went to college.

So I went over to his house after school and he proposed and told me that he wanted to have a baby.

My heart ached as I told him no.

I told him one year into a relationship is too soon to have a baby, and I'd be willing to get married, just after I graduated.

I can still imagine the anger on his face as he told me that we should do this while we're young and still deeply in love, and then I got angry because you shouldn't get married when you're deeply in love because what happens when you get married while still in that stage and then fall out of it.

We got into this whole big argument and then he kicked me out after I said no, I will not marry you and have your child.

So I moved back to Miami where I lived before I moved out to LA and into an apartment with my best friend.

Miami holds a concert fest every few years, it's small and not really that noticeable, but Felicity and I still try to make it.

We're there right now, standing in the crowd for Kodaline while they perform.

"You took my soul and wiped it clean," I sing, swaying along with the crowd.

I don't have a good voice but nobody can really hear you at a concert, so I sing anyways.

I love it when the whole crowd joins in to sing a song.

It makes a fandom feel more unified and it sounds unified too.

"Our love was made for movie screens."

"Y/N? Is that you?"

I turn around to see Johnson towering over me.

"Hi Jack," I grin, unsure whether to pull him in for a hug or not.

My questioning is answered when he pulls me into one.

"Yo Jack- aye, I see what's going on," I can hear the smirk in the familiar voice before I even see my ex-boyfriend.

Jack and I pull apart and the brunette's face drops when he sees it's me.

I see the color in his eyes get a little darker.

"Oh, hi Y/N," he says.

"Hello," I reply, trying my best to remain calm.

I feel Felicity's eyes on my back.

She knows about the situation and is probably wondering if she should step in or not.

I don't look back at her but I feel her starting to calm down.

"Um, how's your girlfriend?" I ask, remembering something I saw in the news.

Johnson starts to laugh and I give him a weird look until he nudges Jack.

"Tell her the story, man," Johnson orders.

"She got pregnant and I thought it was my child until some other guy texted me telling me that they've been married for three years and it's their third child," Jack sounds embarrassed as he tells me the story.

"That's awful!" I gape.

I hear Felicity start to snicker behind me.

"Yeah... But that's what I get for rushing into a relationship too fast... And I lost you," he steps back, running a hand through his hair.

When we were dating, I did that all of the time.

Whenever I was nervous, whenever I was happy, whenever I was calm.

I shrug at his words. "You can always slow a relationship down, right?"

His brown eyes meet mine. "Right. Like us?"

"Like us."