30| Apology and Apprehension

Start from the beginning

"You should be apologizing to Logan" I replied miserably "He's the one who's actually suffering real pain"

"I will. But I believe I owe an apology to you too. Please forgive me"

When I didn't say anything she urged "I promise I'll not hurt anyone ever again and I'll never interfere in anybody's life I promise"

I forgave her. I had to. There was no reason left for me to hold grudge against her anymore since she had realized her mistake.

"Who was in this with you?" James asked from besides me, sheer fury consumed his countenance.

"Venetia, Cade and...Natalie" she replied.

**********

The doctor finally walked out and claimed that we were ready to see Logan. He elucidated about the kind of injuries he had acquired. According to him, it was his chest and his ribs that were hurt due to his body crashing into the steering wheel since he had no seatbelt on.

The glass bottle of beer he had in his hands shattered due to impact. He had obtained a cut on his forehead, that's where the blood oozed through.

I cringed at the details, fighting a war with my eyes to push the tears back in. It hurt to imagine what must've happened or how much it would've hurt him.

He further informed us that none of his injuries were major, his fractures were really minor, but he might need bedrest for a good whole week to finally start walking again.

I blamed myself for every single thing.

Logan would waste an entire week of his life. A week of no productivity, no studies, no ideas, no experience. Heck, he would miss so many classes.

Productivity meant the world to him and he always followed a strict schedule, always was outgoing, ready to face the next day, ready for all the tasks that he needed to complete that week and I destroyed all for him.

All because I misunderstood and couldn't wrap my mind around the situation.

These damn regrets.

The doctor opened the door for us, ushering us to head inside. Breanna ran first, followed by James and then Adriel, but Adriel stood at the doorstep and whirled around to look me in the eyes.

I stood rooted to the floor, not daring to move and inch ahead.

"You coming?" asked Adriel, raising a dubious brow.

"I'd better stay outside. Trouble needs to stay far, far away from him"

"Claire-"

"Addy" I cut her off "I know what I'm doing. I'll place a call to his parents; they deserve to see him more than I do"

I walked out of the hospital after Mr and Mrs Walker arrived, I didn't want to witness the looks on their faces as they see their only child so horribly injured. And the reason being, he was drinking and driving.

California was unbearably cold that night, sending trembles down my skin as I wrapped my hands around myself.

I didn't know what to feel anymore - I felt empty inside, void of emotions.

Logan is going to hate me forever.

I had no idea how he'd react when he realizes he had to go through so much just because he was attempting to keep me happy.

I was about to lose someone important to me and I was convinced he would leave me, he warned me about his temper, about how easily he is angered. My little act would anger him so much.