*HNS (Chapter Six)

Start from the beginning

He was quiet. So I looked up at his face. His eyes were a deep blue. I realized what I had just said.

“You’re sad,” I said in disbelief.

He turned his head away so I couldn’t see his sad blue eyes.

“No. I’m not,” He told me.

“Your eyes are blue Zack; I know what blue means.”

“No they aren’t.”

“Yes they are!”

“I have to go see if they need any help with anything,” He muttered, maneuvering me away and heading towards the door.

“Tell me when she gets here…” I said

“I will.”

I just cried some more, letting it all out. Just thinking of the things I had to go through…

Something popped into my mind. Zoey can tell me what has been happening since I was taken. I will wait until she will arrive. I just have to know how my mom is doing…

                                                ****

“Zoey has arrived Sam,” Zack told me after walking into the room.

I noticed how he was looking at me. He wasn’t making eye contact, so that means he’s still upset…

I’ll deal with that later, because right now, Zoey needs me.

“I’m ready to see her,” I sighed.

He walked me into the large room. My eyes examined eagerly each bed. Then I found her, in the back of the room near the wall. She was lying in the bed, sleeping.

“Zoey,” I sighed.

Zack left me alone.

I must have stayed there for hours, and I visited the next day. But she still slept…

“She’s awake.” Zack told me.

I smiled, but then frowned when I thought of seeing her. I have been waiting nearly two days! Though Zack said it was normal, that the stuff they used to calm us and make us sleep is pretty powerful.

“Thanks,” I wobbled to the room.

When I saw her, she was in full blown panic mode.

“Where am I?!” She cried while banging her fists on the walls. “Take me home!”

“Zoey!” I screamed.

“Sam? Is that you?” She stared at me for a minute, and then screamed, “Sam!”

“Hey Zoey,” I hugged her tight. “Zack?”

“Yes?” He was there.

“Can Zoey come to my room?”

“I need to ask Henry.”

“No! Don’t let Henry near me!” Zoey cried.

“He’s already told you, has he?” I asked.

She started crying, then nodded.

“Henry said it was okay,” Zack said.

“Come on Zoey. Follow me.” I told her, grabbing her hand and guiding her.

We sat down on the big couch in my room. She was still crying, so I handed her tissues.

I felt sick for her, so much that I felt tears swelling up in my eyes.