22 . Fools in love or lust?

Start from the beginning

A sharp pain in my shoulder broke me off my thoughts. The tattoo seemed to be burning up and my finger tips were tingling. The feeling went away as soon as it came and I was left dazed. Something was wrong with me and I was afraid to find out what.

The snapping of twigs alerted me and I ran behind the canopy of bushes to hide. It gave me a safe cover to stay hidden and to spy on the people passing through the trail before me. I didn't have to wait for long as two men came by and by the foul smell emanating of them, I could safely say that they were rogues. They were armed with guns and seemed to be guarding the place I was currently in. I smirked, some guards they were.

I heard another pair of footsteps and soon another person had joined in on the rogue party. Peeking through the bushes, I startled at the fact that it was a woman guard who also smelled like a rogue. I had never seen a woman rogue before as they were usually not strong enough to survive the brutality of the rogue alphas. Those filthy animals viewed women as playthings and punching bags. I wouldn't blame women for choosing death over that.

I strained my ears to listen in to their conversation.

"Warriors. Alpha wants you guarding the West border of the house as he suspects an intrusion there. I will be guarding this side till further commands." The woman told the two men in a robotic voice. Her voice was so emotionless that it sent a shiver down my spine. I shuddered at the thought of me fighting off that soulless being if she found me. And I knew I had to do something before that nightmare turned to reality.

Looking around me, I find a large rock some meters away from me. But grabbing it would mean blowing my cover. But it was the only weapon I had to put my plan to action.

Peeking through the bushes, I see that the two men were long gone and the woman was now marching robotically up and down the forest path. Taking my chances, I lie down on the ground, making sure I was as silent as possible and begin crawling like a worm towards the rock. If somebody saw me like this I would probably die of mortification but I was on a mission right now. A mission to save my ass and my jerk of a mate's ass.

As soon as I felt the rock in my hand, I grabbed it and crawled back. Just in time too as the rogue turned towards the bushes just as I had taken cover. Now that I had the weapon, I needed to distract my target. Picking up another small pebble beside me, I aim for the tree next to the bushes I was hiding in. The pebble hit the tree and the rogue came forward to check the disturbance. I cackled evilly in my head. Wrong move Rogue.

Just as she entered my line of sight, I crept up behind her and bashed the rock on her head. I cringed at the sound the rock made on contact with her head. That would surely leave a bump. Oh well.

I smirked as she fell, completely out cold, her face frozen in shock as she was taken off guard. I chuckled. Get it? Off guard? She's a guard. No? Let's move on.

Pulling the rogue female behind the bushes, I emerge out of hiding in a few minutes. Scratch that. It took me half an hour to exchange our clothes. How the hell do they do it so effortlessly in the movies? The shirt and pants were really foul smelling and dirty but I had to suck it up. I smear some dirt over my skin to mask my scent and then some over my face to hide my identity. Then I put on the cap which I stole from the guard and hoped against hope that I was unrecognizable.

Then I start marching robotically up the trail leading further into the outskirts of the pack. I let my wolf guide us to Zayden and soon we find ourselves behind an abandoned shack. Or that's what we thought until we saw the dozen or so rogues guarding the place. I shook in fear at the thought of a fight between the rogues and me which I was sure as hell that I wouldn't make it out alive.

"Warrior. What are you doing here?" A cold, angry voice made me jump back in fright. I bristled at the angry eyes staring at me with soulless eyes. The eyes of the same woman who had pointed a gun at me.