Chapter 19: Restart.

The peace of returning home was not a stranger to Symphony, much less anyone else in the Xavier mansion.

Being confined to her bed on the other hand, was hardly what Symphony had wanted upon reaching home.

Charles and Hank insisted though, that she stay there until Hank found a way to fix her problem.

Symphony sighed as she laid quietly, staring at the trees out the window. She didn't even stir until Charles wheeled into the room and parked himself on his side of the bed, making her look up.

"Bored?" He asked with a small smile, running his hand through Symphony's hair.

Symphony nodded, and bit her lip as she stared at Charles' hair.

"Can I cut your hair?" She asked quietly, wanting to get his hair like it was when she met him.

Charles chuckled and ruffled his own hair. "Here?" He questioned, motioning to the bed.

Symphony giggled and shook her head, sitting up to give his shoulder a teasing swat.

"No you silly! I was thinking over the sink in the bathroom." She suggested, motioning to the sink across the room and through the door.

Charles thought for a moment, and then nodded. "Alright." He agreed. "You've earned it."

Symphony grinned, extremely pleased that she hadn't had to fight Charles on it.

"Besides, I kind of owe you that much for putting up with everything I've put you through." Charles admitted, holding out his hands in offer of helping Symphony up off the bed.

Symphony laughed and led the way to the sink, pulling out a pair of scissors and a comb from a drawer.

Charles managed to wheel in and turn his chair so that Symphony could reach his hair.

Within minutes, Symphony had his hair back to how it had been in the sixties.

Putting her equipment away, Symphony sighed happily, feeling quite accomplished as Charles started brushing the hair off his shirt, and looked in the mirror.

Doing a double take, Charles ran a hand through his hair, and then grinned.

"I forgot how tidy I used to look." He chuckled, taking the comb from Symphony and fixing his hair so that it was neatly parted.

Symphony shrugged. "I didn't." She admitted, moving back into the main bedroom, and laying back down on the bed.

Charles sat in the doorway, and leaned against the arm of his chair, watching her with folded arms and bright blue eyes.

"Hank tells me he's going to run some tests a little later to see if he can figure out why your powers are causing problems." He finally mentioned, sitting up straight again to join Symphony.

Symphony sighed and stared at Charles with wide eyes and a small smile. "As long as I don't have to stay here bored." She assented.

Charles nodded. "I'll go get the chessboard." He chuckled.

Symphony giggled. "Bring the checkers too, so I can have a chance of winning at something."

"Seems reasonable!" Charles agreed, preparing to leave the room. "I'll be back."

Symphony sighed as she waited for him to return, turning onto her side to stare out the window once more. It made her want to go out. She wanted to feel the wind, the grass... She had only been in this room for a day, and already she felt desperate to get out. This want to be outside made Symphony unconsciously turn into a fox, so when Hank came in with the equipment he needed for his tests, it took him a moment to register that there was anyone in the room, and when he did, he did a bit of a double take, unsure of how to handle running tests on a fox.
"Symphony?" Hank asked, gaining the fox's attention.