Chapter 16: Power problems.

Symphony sighed quietly as she laid in Hank's arms, being carried into the mansion from the car. She was just happy to be home.

The feeling lasted only moments though, as Symphony was quickly placed on the floor as Charles cried out in pain and promptly fell, having missed his treatment.

"What happened?" Logan asked as he followed close behind, and helped Hank get Charles back up. "Why can't he walk?"

"He missed his treatment." Hank answered simply.

Symphony morphed back into human form, slowly regaining her control, and sitting up with a pained groan. She was happy that this moment was happening though. This was where the end of the serum was going to begin.

It also seemed to be where she would have to start taking the serum as well, though she didn't want to. It would have to be that way for her safety, and her child's safety as well.

"Hank I can hear them." Charles complained, not wanting to hear the voices in his mind. "Go get it." He pleaded.

"It's going to be okay. I'll go get the treatment." Hank said as he ran off to fill a needle.

Logan frowned. "Hey, hey! Pull yourself together!" He said. "It's not over yet." He assured Charles.

Charles clutched his head in agony, putting two fingers to his temple.

Symphony smiled at the familiar motion.

"You don't believe that." Charles gasped, staring at Logan.

Logan turned back to Charles. "How did you know that?" He asked curiously.

Charles lowered his hand to his legs. "As these go, this comes back." He said, motioning to his head with his fingers, before clutching his head. "They all come back."

Logan nodded. "Look, I'm still here, and she's still out there." He explained. "We need your help Charles. Not like this, I need you. We can't find Raven. Not without your powers."

Charles worked to roll up his sleeve, as Hank came back with the needle.

"I put a little extra in since you missed a treatment." Hank warned as Charles took the serum from him, and stuck the needle in his arm.

"Charles." Logan called, looking Charles in the eye before the syringe went down.

Charles glanced over, and then sighed as he pulled the needle back out, placing it to the side, still full.

"Hank, do me a favour, and help me into my study please?" He asked, and Hank nodded, moving to help Charles walk.

Symphony carefully stood up, feeling a pair of strong hands steady her as she wobbled.

"I think you need to tell him." Logan told her. "And soon. If you keep up like this, you'll put yourself at risk."

Symphony smiled and looked towards the full needle. "Do you mind?" She whispered.

Logan nodded. "How much?" He asked.

"Two CCs should do for now." Symphony sighed.

Logan gave her the two CCs as instructed, and was amazed at how quickly Symphony regained her strength afterwards.

Symphony nodded in gratitude, and led the way into the study, where Hank was opening the closet Charles' chair was in.

"Are you sure about this?" Hank asked, looking over at Charles.

Charles shook his head as he leaned against his desk. "Absolutely not." Was his answer as he stared at the chair, preparing to get into it.

*****