Chapter 6: The Embargo Line.

"Symphony, wake up." Charles called, shaking Symphony awake the next morning.

Symphony groaned and flicked her tail in annoyance, grumbling something about lizards and carbonation as she burrowed under the blankets.

Charles chuckled and peeked into the den she'd made there, finding an arctic fox curled up inside. "Come on Symph. You gotta get up. The Russian and AmErikan fleets were dispatched this morning, and we gotta get down there. Come for breakfast."

Symphony cracked open her green eye to peer at Charles at the word "breakfast."

"Come on sleepy." He chided, pulling the blankets away, and letting in some light.

Symphony lazily uncurled and stretched, letting out a toothy yawn.

"There we go." Charles laughed, moving to open Symphony's curtains, flooding the room with light, and sending Symphony down the side of the bed as she hid from the sunlight.

Turning around, it took Charles a minute to realize that Symphony was merely under the bed, and not outside the room, but eventually he saw the fluffy white tail sticking out.

Smiling, Charles went under the bed, and pulled Symphony out, carrying the sleepy fox down to the kitchen, where Erik, Raven, Sean, and Alex were all waiting.

"Alright everyone, have you all had breakfast?" Charles asked, looking from face to face.

Raven shook her head, but Erik answered. "No. We've been waiting on you two, and Hank."

Charles looked at the group, and then at the stairs. "Where is Hank?" He asked, but no one knew.

Symphony sniffed at the empty bowl by the fridge, and then looked pleadingly at the group.

Raven noticed and smiled, moving to pull some meat out of the fridge. "Let's have breakfast. If Hank comes down, he eats. If not, we go get him and drag him out with no food." She half joked.

Erik nodded in agreement. "Sounds like a good idea." He told her, using his powers to turn the stove on.

Symphony sat patiently, curling her tail around her, staring up at Raven as she warmed the meat up and put it in the bowl.

Charles shook his head at the irony of Symphony's behaviour.

It seemed that, as a fox, her animal side took over, and it took a lot of effort for her to remember she was human. As a fox, she played the part completely.

Not that Raven seemed to mind. She seemed to enjoy having an animal to look after, and so did Erik, it looked like, as he leaned over to scratch Symphony's ears before moving to help Raven and Charles make some pancakes.

"So you eventually got Symphony into bed." Erik stated, looking over at the still tired fox.

Charles half smiled. "Eventually. It was getting her up that caused a couple of issues." He teased, making sure that Symphony could see his smirk.

Symphony growled good naturedly. At least I didn't jump on you. She teased right back, making Charles chuckle.

"Here Symphony." Raven called her attention over, scooping some shredded meat into Symphony's bowl. "I'm pretty sure it's chicken, but it might be Turkey... You'd have to ask Charles, he's the one that cooked it." She giggled, looking over at her brother.

Symphony didn't even care about what it was; she just wanted to eat, so eat she did.

It took maybe half an hour, but in the end, everyone was fed, and Hank still wasn't there.