Chapter 10: Magneto's demise.

It had been a week since the Kennedy incident.

Symphony tired easily, feeling the grief of the people around her, and struggling with her powers to keep them under control, as two different futures raged inside her head.

She hadn't been out for a long time, and Symphony was starting to feel cooped up.

Charles wouldn't let her go anywhere outside the mansion without him, let alone off the property. Since the incident, he'd turned extremely protective wanting to ensure that she wasn't going to get hurt.

Today though, she needed out. She needed to see different scenery.

Walking into the study, Symphony found Charles reading a book to one of their many young students, trying his hardest to help them learn to read.

She smiled at the sweet sight, loving how good he was with the kids.

They were like adopted family to them.

Charles looked up from the book and smiled at Symphony, lifting one finger as he finished the book.

"The end." He proclaimed, closing the book with a cheeky little grin.

"Now then Gabriel... Go find your math teacher. I need to talk to Symphony."

The young boy nodded, rushing to push his glasses back up his nose before he opened his eyes again. "Yes Professor." He replied, sliding down from Charles' lap, and running off to find the specified teacher. "Morning Miss Symphony!" He greeted, running past the young woman.

"He's going to be a handful one day, you know that right?" Symphony said, turning back to Charles with a wry smile.

Charles nodded. "You would know, now wouldn't you?" He offered, holding out a hand for Symphony to come sit with him.

Symphony took the hand offered, and knelt by Charles' chair. "But he'll save your life." She whispered fervently. "More than once. And for that I am grateful."

Charles grinned, touching a finger to her nose. "Not too much, remember Symph?" He jokingly reminded.

Symphony nodded. "Charles, I'm feeling a little cooped up." She finally let out with a pout playing across her lips.

Charles frowned. "Let's go out in the garden then." He suggested.

Symphony shook her head. "I want to go out. I need different scenery." She hinted.

Charles groaned.

"You knew this would happen Charles. I can only handle being in one place for so long. I need to be able to be out." Symphony chided.

Charles nodded. "I'll go find Hank, and we'll take the car. The teachers can handle the students for a couple of hours." He sighed, moving to direct his chair out of the office.

Symphony raised her eyebrows. "I wasn't expecting you to agree so readily." She admitted.

Charles chuckled. "How can I resist a pretty little bean with various mutated genes?" He teased, flirting a little to make Symphony smile, for old time's sake.

Symphony giggled with a smile.

"Any place in particular you'd like to go?" Charles asked.

Symphony shrugged. "There's this nice little park near the Pentagon, that's lightly wooded around the edges." She suggested.

Charles smiled with a nod, unaware that Magneto was currently in the plastic underground cell, in the middle of the pentagon.

"I'll go get Hank." Charles repeated, wheeling out of the study. "Meet us at the car."