Chapter 6: The Embargo Line.

Start from the beginning

"Hank?" Charles called, unable to believe that this big furry creature, was the young scientist he'd said goodnight to just the night before.

"It didn't attack the cells." Hank stated sadly. "It enhanced them. It didn't work."

Raven shook her head and looked at him sadly. "Yes it did Hank. Don't you see? This is who you're meant to be. This is you. No more hiding." She told him.

Hank's face fell, but immediately came back up with a growl as Erik swatted his arm.

"Never looked better Man." Erik told him honestly.

Hank's hand shot out and wrapped around Erik's throat, squeezing the life out of him.

"Hank!" Charles warned.

"Don't mock me." Hank snarled.

"Hank, put him down immediately please." Charles instructed.

Hank continued to squeeze. "Hank..." Charles continued, becoming a little nervous. "Hank!" He finally shouted, and Hank released Erik, who dropped down to the floor, his face red, and his throat rasping as he gasped for breath.

"I wasn't." He told Hank once he got enough breath back to speak.

"Even I gotta admit, you look pretty cool." Alex informed Hank. "I think I got a new name for you."

Hank looked at Alex warningly.

"Beast." Alex finished.

Hank let out a low, though grateful growl.

"You sure you can fly this thing?" Sean asked, nodding towards the plane.

"Of course I can." Hank replied. "I designed it."

Symphony giggled, standing right next to Charles. "I still don't see Moira." She mentioned.

Charles looked over at Symphony, impressed with the fact that she's stayed in human form for more than twenty minutes.

"Here I am!" Moira called, running into the hangar. "Sorry, I couldn't get this newfangled flight suit on!" She gasped, coming to stop beside Hank. "Who's this?" She asked, jerking thumb towards Hank.

"That's Hank." Charles informed her.

Moira looked at Hank in horror and confusion. "But you were- what happened?"

Hank growled. "Genetic experiment gone wrong." He answered, before heading up into the plane. "You got flight experience?" He asked, changing the subject.

"Yeah." Moira answered.

Hank nodded. "You're my co-pilot." He told her.

As Hank and Moira checked the plane and started it up, Charles made sure everyone was seated, and helped Symphony figure out, and untangle, her belts.

Finally they were all buckled up, and headed out, flying for the embargo line.

Symphony felt the plane accelerate, and gripped the arms of her seat, making her knuckles turn white.

Charles noticed and frowned.

Are you alright? He asked, not wanting to draw unwanted attention to Symphony's nervousness.

Yeah, I just don't like going super fast. I'm a fox, not a race car driver. She joked.

Charles smiled and quietly nodded.

Not long afterwards, they reached their destination.

"Looks pretty messy out there." Hank observed, looking out his window.