Chapter 6: The Embargo Line.

Start from the beginning

"Where's Hank?" Raven finally wondered, staring at the ceiling. "It's not like him to be this late."

Charles shrugged. "He's probably working in his lab already." He imagined. "Let's go get him."

With that, the group traipsed up the stairs, and headed for Hank's lab at the end of one of the many corridors.

"Uh oh." Charles muttered as they came into view of the door.

There was a note taped to it. "Gone to the airbase. Bring the crate marked X. -Hank." It read.

Charles took it off the door, and handed it to Erik, giving him a grim expression, before opening the door to find the room beyond, looking like a tornado had hit it, with tables overturned, broken glass phials, scattered papers, and many instruments strewn across the floor.

Charles stepped in and walked across the floor, looking down at the glass when he heard a crunch come from under his foot.

"What happened here?" Erik asked with a frown, as Raven came up beside him, and Sean and Alex followed behind.

"I don't know, but there's the crate." Charles said, nodding towards the metal bin at the back, marked with a big black X.

Symphony squeezed past Alex and Sean, peering between Raven's legs. Looking around, she found a safe path through, and trotted past everyone, going over to where the crate sat.

Charles moved over to the path Symphony had plotted out, and followed her over, the rest of the group following suit after a few moments.

Charles opened the crate, revealing bright yellow and blue suits. "Well, Hank has been busy." He told the group as they clustered around him.

Alex stared at the one that was obviously for him. "Do we really have to wear these?" He asked, folding his arms.

Charles nodded. "As none of us are mutated to endure extreme G-Force or being riddled by bullets, I suggest we suit up." He answered, closing the crate.

Symphony morphed into her human form, letting her legs drape over the edge of the table she was sitting on. "I don't mind. I think the yellow and blue is actually quite nice compared to some of the other colour combinations out there." She said pointedly, looking Alex dead in the eye.

Charles chuckled and nodded for Erik to carry the crate with his powers, out to the car, as they all followed him.

"Moira says she'll meet us at the air base. We better get out there." Charles told the group, getting into the driver's seat.

Suddenly Symphony realized, she was still in her nighty. "Just give me five minutes, I'll be down in a second!" She rushed away, and in exactly five minutes, she was changed into a skirt and blouse. Changing into a fox again, she raced down the stairs, and found herself being picked up and pulled into the car by Erik, who then sat her between him and Charles.

Sorry guys! She apologized hastily. I didn't feel right going to the air base in my nighty. She confessed.

Charles chuckled and Erik grinned, while Alex and Sean snickered. Raven on the other hand burst out laughing. "I think we were all in such a rush that none of us remembered you hadn't gotten dressed yet!" She giggled as they set out.

The ride to the airbase was a quiet one, and changing into their uniforms once they were there was simple.

Eventually they were all lined up in front of a large jet.

But Hank was still not there.

"Where's Hank?" Raven asked again, looking around the hangar.

"I'm here." A deep voice answered, making everyone look towards the opening of the hangar, where a large fuzzy shadow had appeared, and was now walking towards them.