Maddison was in for a messy ride.

A girl with a softball jacket with the number 4 had her back turned to us, her brown hair was in a tight ponytail, that was Cassidy. Another brunette, I think her name is Maggie, was there too, looking so pissed off that I was convinced she could rip someone's head off if they crossed her. Lottie was there as well, she had a grim look on her face, but I could see through it, she was just upset. Nina was behind Maggie and Lottie, looking like she was about to cry. And last but not least, Rebecca, who was fuming, was holding Jazmine by her wrist as she pushed her towards Maddison, who looked un-entertained, bored.

"Why are you crying?" Becca snapped at Nina, loud enough for the whole cafeteria to hear.

Silence. The whole place was so quiet that I could still hear people chewing as they watched. Everybody was watching and expecting a shit show.

"Oh shit..." Danny sighed worriedly. "Maddie has been dating all of them at the same time. I told her she was going to get caught at some point."

"Hell of a friend you've got..." I said, looking back at the drama that was about to unfold.

"—no she's not," Becca shouted at Nina, who only seemed to cry a little more. "She can't be your girlfriend."

"Don't shout at her, Rebecca," Cassie shouted, "It isn't Nina who should be giving us explanations but rather Maddison."

Everybody turned to look at Maddison. Maddison, however, just glanced at all of them and shrugged as if it was nothing. About half of the people in the cafeteria chuckled, and the other half tried to hushed their laughter. Danny included.

I shook my head in disappointment, hitting him with my elbow.

"That's my cousin, you dick," I shoved Danny, pushing him away from me, only to drag him back so I could use him as support while I tried to see through the crowd.

"You told her not to get involved with Maddison. Everybody knows how Maddie is... there's nothing you can do but watch." Danny shrugged.

"Really, Maddison, nothing to say?" Maggie asked.

"What do you want me to say, Maggie?" Maddison laughed, taking a seat at the nearest table, her posture reflected her attitude: not bothered at all.

"I never said I was dating only you exclusively. I mean, yeah, sure, you guys are right to be mad, I messed up. I'm a— what did you call me?"

"Womaniser," Nina elaborated as she sniffed.

"Yeah, that, I accept that because up to a certain point, it is true but let's all be honest here, you guys are as much to blame as I am, you knew I was this way before you got involved with me, I never denied it. I am a liar. I never claimed otherwise. I don't like big shows, so if you lot don't mind, I... I got stuff to do."

Danny and I looked at each other, our mouths hanging open. Maddison stood and walked away, typing on her phone as she went.

"She just did that," Danny snickered, pointing at the six girls Maddison had just walked away from. "Maddie really just did that."

"Flipping hell," I groaned as I saw my cousin leaving the cafeteria with tears running down her face.

I grabbed my bag, ready to go after my cousin. "Yeah, no, she's just a huge asshole."

"But she never lied!" Danny shouted after me, defending Maddison like he always did.

I turned around and shook my head, walking backwards.

"Let's all be honest here," I imitated Maddison. Danny watched me with an entertained smirk, "Out of every four words Maddison says, three are lies, and you know it."