Chapter 32

"I love you."

"I have always loved you and I know you no longer love me and you only see me as a friend but I can't hold this in any longer. So yes, I love you so much that I don't want to have to stare at you from across a room anymore and I want you to know; and I know you will never love me back. You and Pj are perfect together and the more I say the more I regret even telling you this at the moment. So yes, I love you and I'm sorry."

Phil just sat there and stared at me for a few seconds in, what I could see were, shock and disbelief. He looked at the ground and finally stood up. He walked slowly into his room, he seemed calm but he wasn't, anyone could see that.

I stood up and grabbed my coat so I could leave the house immediately. I slammed the door so Phil knew I had left and I quickly walked down the stairs with tears in my eyes. Unfortunately, when I was halfway down the stairs I walked straight into someone: Pj.

"Oh, hey Dan. Where are you going?" Pj asked me happily.

"I'm going out, use your own key to get in." I then pushed past him, not wanting to talk to anyone.

I walked into the street and down a few blocks before I broke down crying. Why did I have to do that? How stupid could one person be? Phil would never love me back, and now I've completely jeopardised our friendship.

I sit there for about 10 minutes, just crying and shaking, until someone comes and sits down next to me: Chris.

"Dan, are you okay?"

I just sit there, continuing to cry, unable to talk.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"Please talk to me. I'm your friend, you can trust me."

It's not that I don't want to tell him but I just hurt so bad.

The pain is intolerable.

It's like someone has reached into my chest and is stabbing everything in there with the sharpest knife.

It's the pain you feel when your first pet dies but now it's not something so easily replaceable, it's permanent.

I lean on his shoulder and keep crying, not able to stop, he put his arm over my shoulder and hugged me close to him, accepting that I wasn't going to stop and talk to him.

A/N

Hi! Very sorry for the long wait. I was working on one of my other stories and I had writers block. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you have any questions or ideas feel free to message me. Thank you. - Ruby 😊