Chapter 27

PJ POV

I woke up abruptly in a cold sweat, I reached out and grabbed something to make sure I was no longer dreaming and I accidentally clawed at Phil's face earning a startled yell. Phil looked down at me and I could feel the tears in my eyes; I knew he could see them too. He pulled me closer to his chest and just hugged me as I cried into his t-shirt while he asked no questions.

After a minute he spoke up. "Are you okay?" Is all Phil could fathom to say. I nodded but I kept my face nestled in his chest still. "If you ever want to talk to someone you can always talk to me, I know I'm not the best at giving advice but I am here for you and you need to remember that."

Phil is so sweet and I just hugged him tighter in reply. "Can we just stay in today?" My voice shaking as I looked up at Phil with a pleading look on my face.

"Yeah, no problem babe. I needed to send some Christmas presents but I'll send them late." Phil gave my his sunshine smile and I felt much happier than I did before.

"Thank you, but if you need to go out I don't want to stop you." I felt bad for restricting Phil because I had a nightmare.

"No, don't worry. It's fine." Phil reassured me.

"Okay, good." I spent the rest of the morning talking to Phil about Christmas which was just a few days away. I wouldn't trade this for the world.

Chris POV

I sat upright in bed gripping the sheets around me. I reached out and flicked on a light frantically looking around my room and exhaling in relief. It was all a dream, one that I would never like to encounter again.

I stood up and walked out into my apartment and narrowly avoided walking into a door covered in tinsel. When I finally made it into the kitchen I made myself a strong cup of coffee that I downed in a speed that was probably both record breaking and unsafe.

After the coffee I slumped on the floor with my head between my legs, what had happened? My memory was a blur of darkness and sudden light and then finally darkness again. And honestly that was like a metaphor for my life. I really hate this.

A/N

Hi! I am so very sorry for such a long wait but I just struggle with constantly updating. I hope you enjoy this chapter and that you have a good day! - Ruby