Chapter 9

DAN POV

I shoved my hands in my pockets and my phone fell out with a handful of change, as I bent down to pick everything up a car came speeding round the corner, heading towards me...

I was transfixed like a deer in headlights, the car came closer but I was stuck, petrified. The money on the floor reflected the light from the lights and my phone was cracked down the middle. The car came closer but my inability to move meant that even though time was moving in slow motion this pain of  knowing what was to come weighed more than the pain of the week so far.

Time suddenly sped up and the car flew at me. Objects flew past me and colours mixed into a blur, everything looked like a flip book animation. Everything went black as pain ripped through my body upon the impact of hitting the floor. Everything was numb for a moment but soon the pain followed through and it felt like I was getting ripped out from the inside with a burning rod. I cried out and pulled myself together scared I was going to fall apart if I let go.

The car had stopped and the person in it had come to aid me but I kept my eyes closed and head down. I didn't want their help, I just wanted it all to be over.

The ambulance soon came and they took me to the hospital while people fussed around me and asked me questions. I didn't answer their questions I just lay there motionless waiting for it all to end.

A/N
Hi! Sorry I haven't updated in ages I have been on holiday with no wifi so I haven't been able to write. The cover competition is now over and I will post the top 3 later today! - Ruby