Chapter 22

Martin POV

"Martin."

I looked up and saw a boy with curly hair.

"Who are you?" I asked trying to be polite as possible.

"I'm PJ, didn't Dan ever mention me?" He sounded boastful as he said this, like he thought himself to be a god.

"Uh, no he didn't. How do you know me?" I asked confused as to how our life's intertwined.

"Well Phil tells me everything, but that's not why I'm here."

Okay, now I'm super confused. Phil mentioned me to this guy, how do they know each other; he doesn't seem Phil's type, but what do I know? "Well, why are you here?" I was upset and I'm not feeling up to talking to anyone right now.

"Well, your Dan, or whatever he is to you, is trying to take my Phil away from me and I'm not standing for it."

"And you expect me to do what?"

"Well you can just turn up and take Dan back right?"

"Do you really think the world is that fucking simple? I'm a fucking mess and you know that seeing as you fucking followed me here, you creep." PJ looked as if someone had just told him that his fucking ego was bigger than the Starbucks we were in. "You know what? I want you to fuck off and never try to talk to me again."

"Okay, but when you realise what's really happening you won't have my help." He stood up in a rush making the people at the tables closest to us turn their heads. He walked out the door raging.

I put my head in my hands and just cried out of anger and frustration, please just don't let this day get any worse.

I stood up, finished my drink and walked out and right into two more people I don't want to see. My parents.

A/n

Hi! I understand it's been more than a week and I know that's bad but I haven't had any wifi at all, so I'm sorry about that. Second of all, unlike I Have Always Noticed You this book will go on for a while until I decide either there should be a third book or this one comes to an end. Hope this is okay with all of you. Thanks! - Ruby ❤️