Chapter 2

DANS POV

Martin seemed even more distracted than usual, I was anxious waiting for the food but he kept looking over my shoulder and he had his hand in his pocket as if he was hiding something. He is normally so laid back he could be high! But today it was as if he was getting over a hangover, his once eager look now distracted and more distant than ever.

The food finally came, I had chip pizza. It sounds totally weird but it's just pizza with chips on it! It looked so good and my mouth was already watering. Martin had ordered a very fancy pasta dish, I had never heard of it before but it still looked great. Not as good as mine, but great!

The night was calm as we made small talk and looked out of the window at the sea which was conveniently right in front of us. The sun was setting and it made the water a mix of pink and orange with made a calming colour.

"Guess what day it is today!" Martin asks eagerly leaning forward on the table.

"Um... Tuesday?" I reply uncertain about why he asked me this question.

"It's our 5 year anniversary!" He replies eagerly.

"Oh, shit! I forgot! I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed my eyes wide in shock. I finally worked out why we were in such a nice place.

"Ah, I knew you forgot. But you can make it up later tonight." He winked as he said that second sentence. A blush spread across my face and I turned to look outside.

When I looked back round Martin was on one knee looking expectedly at me. "Dan, it's been 5 years and they have been some of the best years of my life. I love you and I want to spend all my other years with you. Will you marry me?" Martin said with a grin on his face.

And that's when I saw him...

A/N

Hi!
I actually updated for once. these chapters are kinda short but like I said stuff is going to happen in the next few chapters.
- Ruby 🔥