“Well if you don’t want to talk to me then why don’t you give Alexis a call? I haven’t seen her for a few days.” She suggested. I inhaled deeply and felt my eyes water up so I pulled my blanket over my head.

“Austin what happened?” when I didn’t answer I felt the blanket being pulled off of me. “Look at me right now.” I groaned and turned to face her.

“Now tell me what happened.” She said calmly. Before I had the chance to do anything to stop it, I felt tears running down my face. I sat up so I could talk easier. “I messed up mom.”

“Baby what happened?” she was sitting on the bed next to me with her arm around my shoulder. I rested my elbows on my knees and put my face in my hands. 

“Alexis and I broke up.” I managed to get out. There was no point in trying to stop the tears because it was pretty obvious that they would continue coming.

“What, why?” 

“She was upset with me and when she told me about it I overreacted and yelled at her. I told her that she wasn’t being supportive and that if she couldn’t handle it then there was no point in us being together. And then I left.”

“Oh Austin.”

“And what's stupid was that she had every right to be upset.”

“What was she upset about?”

“She told me that it hurt her that I never told her when I wrote a new song. That I only told the fans. And that I only shared the news with them.”

“Is that true?”

“Yeah, it is. I just didn’t want to believe it at the time. But now I do believe it. and I realize what an idiot I was and how badly I screwed things up.” I said. By then the tears had slowed down to the point that only a few escaped every few seconds.

“Well why don’t you go over there and fix it?”

“I cant.”

“Why not?”

“She hates me.”

“Austin I’m sure she doesn’t hate you.”

“She does. You didn’t see her face. I actually did it mom.”

“What do you mean?” 

“I actually broke her heart. I broke the heart of the only girl I am ever going to want to be with.”

“Austin you don’t know that.”

“Don’t know what?”

“You don’t know that there aren’t going to be other girls.”

“I loved her mom. She was my world. my reason for waking up in the morning.”

“I know you did honey.”

“Now what am I supposed to?”

“Well the reason I came up here was to tell you some good news but maybe I should wait until tomorrow.”

“No its fine. Just tell me now.”

“The label called. They want us to move to Miami.”

“When?”

“Next week.”

“Lets do it.”

“What? Austin maybe you should give this some thought.”

“No. I think moving away is the best thing right now. A fresh start.”

(2 weeks later)

I didn’t say goodbye. I just left. I know we aren’t together, but not saying goodbye? Now she really is going to hate me. More than she did. god I’m a screw up. I could have said goodbye. I’m probably never going to see her again. What the hell is wrong with me? I remember getting in the car and drving away for the last time. I looked back at the house full of memories. I kept my eye on it until it was out of view.

We’d been in Miami for a week and it was like nothing had changed. There were beautiful girls everywhere but none of them had compared to Alexis. I still spent my nights replaying that day in my head. I reread old messages. Watched old videos. I looked at pictures. It only made things worse. I thought about deleting it all, but I never did. I only deleted the messages. If this was hard for me, I cant begin to imagine what Alexis was going through.

--------END FLASHBACK----------

Just thinking about that made a tear fall from  my eye. It was then that I knew the decision I had to make. And with that I finally fell asleep.

-Next Morning-

I was woken up by a cheery bouncy Alexis. 

"Morning sleepyhead." she smiled.

"Morning" i smiled. or tried to at least. 

"babe whats wrong?" she asked. she saw right through my smile. 

"Alexis we need to talk."

-------------------------

AUTHORS NOTE: sorrrrrryyy this is so late. this was supposed to go up last week and i completely forgot so i will post another chapter by saturday to make it up. the reason this is so short is because i only wanted one main focus. and that was austins memory of the breakup. i've been wanting to write it for a while and it seemed to fit in this part of the story. so i did :D 

only 4 chapters left. probably gonna do a sequel but not for a while. i have other stories i started that i want to work on. sequel depends on the feedback. 

bye guys <3