chapter 11

(ALEXIS)

“Okay guys so for the music video I was thinking we could have you two in separate classrooms and film you singing your verse. And then when you sing together we could have you two hanging out at the beach for one scene. And again with each of your next verse you could each be in your own room singing. And then the second time you sing the chorus you could be walking in the hallway together. The bridge could be you two one the beach or sitting together after a big accident or something of the sort.” The director said. We both nodded.

“Sounds amazing.” I said.

“Alexis. There is something we have to do though.” The stylist said.

“Yeah?” I asked.

“We need to dye your hair back to blonde. That’s why we had you come in at five am.”

“Why does it have to be blonde?” I asked.

“Because it fits the song more. We don’t think someone with that style or hair would sing this kind of song.”

“Okay. I guess that makes sense.” I sighed. “Let’s go dye my hair.”

_________

I looked at my blonde hair and saw how amazing it looked. I decided that I should keep it this way. I liked it better than the other hair. The only reason I changed my style was because-no. I shook the thoughts from my head. I was still gonna dress the way I do now, but anyways. I got dressed in the outfit I had to wear for the first scene. I had on a strapless dress black top and blue bottom, red skinny jeans, a jean vest and greenish converse and went out there to the “classroom.” Austin was sitting at a desk with a few other background extras around him. I stood off to the side and watched him film his scene. When he was done about five takes later they changed a few things and told me to take my seat.

----3 hours later----

We were filming the bridge when the director stopped us.

“I think you guys need to kiss. To make it seem more real.” We looked at each other. I felt a little excited but tried not to show it. We started the scene over and when the time came we walked closer to each other. Before I knew, our arms were wrapped around each other and we were kissing. I instantly was brought back to when we were dating. We broke apart and looked into each other’s eyes. I cleared my throat and backed away.

-----2 hours later----

“Okay everybody that’s a wrap. Great job everyone!” the director said to us after we filmed the final scene. I went back to the dressing room and put on my black leggings and red one sleeved sweater and threw on my converse. When I walked out I bumped into Austin. That’s seemed to be happening a lot recently.

“Oh hey. I was just about to knock on your door. Well obviously it’d be the door. If I knocked on the wall you probably wouldn’t be able to hear me.” He chuckled. Ever since the kiss I’d been feeling the way I felt before everything changed. I could feel myself falling for him again.

“Yeah.” I tried as best I could to chuckle so I didn’t seem as nervous as I actually was.

“So listen-um about earlier.” He stopped and turned away so he was looking at something else.

“What about earlier?” I asked.

“Um- you know- the kiss.” He said looking at me again.

“Oh that. What about it?”

“Well since it happened I’ve been feeling like I did back then. You know- before we broke up.”

“You mean before you dumped me.” I said a little too harshly.