Twenty-Three. Passion Taking Precedence

(A/N-  So I'm thinking that this story will likely only have a couple more chapters.  Not exactly sure, but I think I have written all that I have wanted and taken this story as far as I want.  I'll have a definite answer for you all by the next update, which will be on Thursday!  I hope you all enjoy!!  xx  )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a few hours of being together emotionally and physically, we both lay curled up in my bed, tightly holding on to one another; scared to let go.  We knew this was a starting over point but I was worried that maybe he would change his mind and by the way he was gripping me, he likely was thinking the same thing.

The sex was as amazing as it always was.  Harry and I never had a problem with the physical aspect of our relationship and that fact was just proven.  We have to work on not taking the other for granted, fighting for the relationship and honesty and I am willing to do all of that with him, for him.

Harry is currently lying with his head on my chest, right leg hooked over my legs.  I am holding him tight around his shoulder with my lips pressed to the top of his head.  He loosens his grip slightly on my side and begins grazing his right hand up and down my chest.  He takes a deep breath and presses his lips to my skin.

“I love you, Niall.” He whispers.  I smile and take his right hand in my left and hold it in place on my chest, just over my heart.

“I love you, too.”  I felt the cold of metal on my skin and traced my fingers over the object causing the shivers.  A ring on his right fourth finger.  More specifically, my old ring.  The ring that he has never once taken off, even through all of the pain, separation and heart break.  The ring remained a constant for him.  Suddenly it became clear that he always knew that we would be back here.  He knew that we would get back to us.  He held onto hope and the ring.

I ran my fingers over the knots that made the ring, remembering the feeling of it when it used to sit on my middle finger.  I remember the night that I gave it to him.  I remember the feeling of always wanting to be with Harry and now feeling thankful that he never lost hope and here we are, finally back in each other’s arms.  I knew what I had to do in this moment.  I knew what I wanted to do.

I let go of his right hand and reached over to my bed side table, opening the drawer.  I felt his head tilt slightly, likely looking at what I was currently doing.  I grabbed the black velvet box and pulled it from the drawer.  I began to adjust my body so that I would be able to sit up.  He moved with me.  We were now resting against the headboard.

He sat up a little bit and was watching as I set the box in my lap and lifted the top off of it.  I removed the necklace from it; my guitar pick necklace which was a gift from Harry all those years ago.  I looked at him with love in my eyes and held his gaze as I placed the necklace around my neck, returning it to its proper place. 

His eyes glossed over as he leaned in and placed his lips on mine.  I held onto him tight and kissed him with all the love that I had in me.  I could feel my love for him growing with each second that passed and I longed for the day that the love I feel for him will be as deeply as it once was and possibly even more.

We then shifted slightly so that I was now lying against his chest.

“I’m so happy that you came back to me, baby.  I’m glad you decided to give us another chance.  I love you so much, Ni and I just can’t picture my life without you.  I want this, I want us, forever.”

“I’m sorry it took me so long and I’ll be eternally grateful and thankful that you never gave up, like me…” my voice trailed off as I started to feel badly.