Eleven. Aftermath

(A/N- So...I just hit 800 followers today and I am so thankful!!  I really had no expectation to ever reach that many but I am still very grateful!  I'm also very appreciative for all of the readers of my stories, vocal and silent.  "Near To You" has just over 17k reads, "Anything For You" over 51k, "It Happened One Night" over 42k, "My Mentor" just over 157k, "Back Then" has just shy of 20k and this story has already reached almost 17k.  I never expected any of these stories to do as well as they are doing and I owe it all to my lovely readers!  Love you all so much!!  Anyway...enough with the sentimental.....  I hope you enjoy this chapter! :)  xx  )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am currently lying awake, staring at my ceiling.  I woke about an hour ago but have yet to move.  Everything that happened last night is running on a constant loop in my head.  Everything was ok, at first.  I thought we were going to make it through the night without incident but Harry had to sing that God damned song.  I’m still feeling sadness, sympathy, hurt, anger and frustration.  But now confusion has set in.

I move my eyes on Ryan.  Soft, barely audible snores escaping him.  His chest is rising and falling with each breath, while his hand is resting gently on my hip.  I know that I need to tell him what went on.  I need to tell him about the song that Harry sang and I need to tell him what took place in the stairwell.

I’m feeling plagued by the thoughts that maybe Harry and I never really ended things properly.  I just completely cut him out without a second chance.  But at the time I was too hurt to want to stay with him and make it work and now I am too happy with Ryan to want to go back and try again with Harry.  I guess that is where the confusion sets in.

“Penny for your thoughts?” I open my eyes to find Ryan’s trained on me.  I softly smile and place a kiss on his lips.

“Good morning, handsome.” I then run one of my hands through his hair.  “Did you have a good time last night?”  We kiss once more before he stretches his recently awaken body with a slight groan.

“Yeah” he says with a nod.  “You?”

“Yeah…it was fun.”  I knew that wouldn’t really be convincing and his fingers holding my chin to tilt my face down to his confirmed that he didn’t believe me.

“What’s wrong, babe?  Was last night too much?”  I sigh at his questions.  I know that this is the moment where I am supposed to tell my boyfriend everything that went on but I am so hesitant.  I don’t want to hurt Ryan by telling him that Harry kissed along my neck and it took a few moments for me to stop him but at the same time, lying will hurt more.  I half smile and begin with the account of what went on.

“You know that song that Harry sang last night?”

“Yeah.  He was brilliant.  A great performance, that.” He begins to sit up in the bed.  He leans against the head board and I follow suit.  We are now both properly sat up and looking at one another.

“Yeah” I slightly nod.  “It’s just that that song he sang….it was….”  I twiddle my fingers while looking at my lap.  “….it was mine and Harry’s song.” I drop my head even further.