Eight. Breakdown More

(A/N- I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, for those of you who celebrate it.  And for those who don't, I hope you had a wonderful 25th of December!  :)  The song in this chapter is called "Breakdown More" by Eric Hutchinson.  He is so amazing.  A very talented singer/songwriter.  And is wonderful in concert.  I've seen him a few times.  You should check him out if you don't already know him.  I have the lyric video for the song attached.  Anyway, enjoy chapter 8 and the next update will be on Sunday!  xx  )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Got any big plans for the weekend?” Travis asked. 

We have been in the studio every day this week working on new material and it has been going really well.  I am surprised how well Travis and I gel, musically.  He really understands my vision and I couldn’t be more appreciative.

“Not really big plans per say.  Just going to a party on Saturday night.” I reply with a shrug.  I may be slightly nervous about the whole thing because Ryan will be coming with me and it is Harry’s party but I don’t know Travis well enough to divulge my personal life in much detail.

“Harry Styles’ birthday party?” I cocked an eye brow at his response.

“Yeah.  How did you know?” I inquired.

“I hear it’s going to be a big one.  I’m actually going as well.  I hear that best friend of his invited over a hundred people and you know each of those people will probably be brining someone, so it should be a huge turnout.”

“Wow.  Didn’t think that it would be that large.  I know Harry probably doesn’t like that idea.” I replied knowing very well that Harry isn’t one for large parties.  He never has been.

“Well, I’m sure he won’t say anything about it.  Harry’s too nice to mention it.”

“Yeah, you’re right.  Harry usually goes along with any of Lou’s plans.”

“So, should we get back to it then?” He asks, looking at his watch.

“Sounds good.”

With another song written and our session slowing down, both of our brains overworked with notes, lyrics and melodies, I suggested calling it a day.  I flipped through my leather bound note book, mindlessly.

“….Niall” I snapped my head up and looked at a chuckling Travis.  “Must be something good in that little book of yours.”

“Not really.  I must have zoned out for a minute.” I replied and closed the book.

“What’s in there?” He asked.

“Just a bunch of my ramblings.  I usually fill one of these a year.”

“I figured.  So, any more songs coming out of that thing then?” he points to the book.  I shrug.