Seventeen. Do You Wanna Come In?

(A/N- Narry moments coming more often from now on....but still a bit of a struggle for Niall.  And wow!!  This story is #111 in Fan Fiction, so thank you all so much!!  Anyway....please enjoy this chapter and if I don't get to update tomorrow...the next update won't be until Monday or Tuesday.  Sorry.....just have a very busy weekend coming up!!  Love you all!!  Thanks for all the comments and votes, lovelies!!  xx )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I made us breakfast, Ni!  Get up!” Louis shouts as he is jumping on my bed.  I grumble curse words at him and pull the blankets over my head.

“There will be none of that, Mr. Horan.  Now get up!”  He then kicks my backside.  I yelp in shock, not pain, because it wasn’t very hard.  It just startled me.  I heard Louis jump from my bed and onto the floor and leave my room.  I tossed the covers off and slowly slid out of bed.  I threw on some sweatpants and headed downstairs.

“This smells edible.  That’s surprising.” I say to Louis as I enter the kitchen.  We all know that Louis is not the best cook so the fact that everything looks and smells really good is shocking but at the same time still unbelievable.

“Hey!” Lou says in protest.  “I’m a brilliant cook.”  He huffed and then I took notice of a bag with a logo on it.  I picked it up and noticed it was a logo from restaurant that serves breakfast all day long.  I smiled and held the bag up.

“You forgot to hide the evidence.”  He smirks and then smiles at the fact that he just got caught.  He grabs the bag from my hand and crumples it up and throws it in the bin.

“Whatever.” He replies and continues setting the table.

“Thanks for last night and thanks for breakfast, Lou.  I appreciate it.” I say as he is readying to leave. 

“Anytime, Ni.  And I always make or get breakfast for someone I just slept with.”  He smirks and I laugh.  “I’ll call you later.  Maybe we can all go out tonight if you feel up to it.  I’ll see what Liam and Zayn are up to and if you’re ok with it, I’ll ask Harry along as well.”

“I’ll think about.  I have to talk with Jamie’s therapist today and then I need to get back into the studio and make up for the two days I spent in here, hiding.  I’ll let you know how I’m feeling later, ok?”

“Sounds good.  Love ya.” He replies and kisses my temple then opens the door.

“Love you, too.  I’ll talk to you later.  Thanks again.  Bye.”

“Bye” he calls back as he is walking towards his car.  I stand in the doorway until he has pulled out of the drive way and started down the road.

An hour later I am freshly showered, dressed and ready for the day.  I have to be to the studio in another hour so I decide to take a few minutes to call Mr. Brentwood and discuss the situation with Jamie.  I am overwhelmingly nervous but strangely enough, I think I am probably more curious than I should be to see how he is doing and if he still looks like the same Jamie that I knew and once, for a brief amount of time, sort of loved.

“Charles Brentwood” he answers.

“Yes.  Hello, Mr. Brentwood.  This is Niall Horan.”

“Hello, Niall.  Good to hear from you.  How are you this morning?”

“I’m well thank you.  And yourself?” I reply.

“I’m doing very well, thank you.”

“That’s good.  I’m calling obviously in regard to Jamie….or um…James.  I’m not sure how you refer to him.”