Chapter 13: End of the beginning

"... And then I woke up here" Damian had finished explaining his whole experience to Bruce, Clark, Jon and Alfred after twenty minutes.

It became the time when Clark and Jon had to leave back to Metropolis and Bruce was contemplating whether he should stay in the Bat Cave with Damian or go up to his study.

"Father?" Damian questioned.

"Yes Damian" Bruce said turning around to face him.

"I knew you were coming. I could feel it" (The feels!!)

Bruce gave a slight smile and replied "and I could sense the pain you were in", while turning to walk away and headed to the computer.

A few minutes later he heard a slight movement so he turned around to see Damian struggling to stand up because of his broken leg.

"Where are you going?" Bruce softly but sternly asked.

"Up to my room" he replied with no emotion showing as he managed to stand of both feet while holding on to something next to him. He then began to stand alone but failed to do so as one of his legs was too weak, but luckily Bruce had already made his way over to his son, prepared to catch if he were to fall.

Bruce picked his son up and said "ill carry you so you fall and hurt yourself". Damian folded his arms, as best as he could, and allowed his father to carry him up.

It was late at night anyway so Bruce gently placed Damian on his bed and stood beside it for a while to make sure nothing happened.

"Have a lot of rest" Bruce said gently before heading out of the room.

"Father?" Damian quickly said before he left.

"Yes"

"Thank you" Damian said, probably something. hard for him to say too, but Bruce smiled and walked out.

Neither of them were aware of the transmitting device that sat in the room with a figure on the other end listening to whatever was said.

Sorry its a shorter chapter and thank you for reading my book it means a lot! I will be making a sequel to this book which is from an idea that iluvchoc0late suggested.

The next book should be published by the end of the week/beginning of next, I will inform you of when it is officially up.