Chapter Forty: Second Wish

Start from the beginning

I looked at my camera and I looked descent. I got out of my car and ran to the school doors. I guess the girls already went in.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw him "Xavier" my voice came out as a whisper. He was smiling and he was with the guys fooling around and throwing a football around. I ran towards him and he looked very shocked to see me. I jumped in his arms and tightened my hold on his torso.

"Oh my god Xavier, I missed you so much" I said with tears on the verge of falling. I didn't feel his arms around me. I didn't feel the sparks like I use to. It was gone, everything was gone. I looked up and he was silent.

"Uh do I know you?" He asked. My heart ripped into pieces. Tears fell from my eyes.

"You don't remember me?" I asked as I wiped my tears. He looked over at his friends and they were giving me weird looks.

"Um no I'm sorry. Wait do I know you from the club or something? I can't keep track anymore with all the girls man" Xavier said laughing and looking at his friends and they start laughing.

Did he just make me seem like one of those whores he sleeps with and forgets there's names?

Tears fell faster than all of my river of tears. I turned around and held my amulet into my hand. I missed Xavier and he didn't even remember me. My amulet wasn't glowing a beautiful green, it looked dead. Every time I would touch Xavier my amulet would glow but it wasn't anymore.

I start to walk, I didn't want him to see me crying. I just lost the one thing in this world that made me feel safe, from all of my demons.

"Hey can I at least get your name beautiful?" He shouted as I opened the schools doors. I turned back and his words sounded so familiar. They were the words he first spoke to me when I came to this school.

"Hello beautiful, I'm Xavier" His words played in my head.

"My name is Rosalina Newman" your mate. I said with a smile, but I left the mate part out.

He smirked and stared at me as I walked into the school. Could Xavier and I be together without the mate bond?

The answer was no! No we couldn't. The mate bond kept up balanced. The mate bond was something that always brought me to forgiving his mistakes. The mate bond made me want to try over and over again. I don't have it anymore, so we can never be together.

Tears ran down my face. " I don't think I want this life anymore" I whispered and held my amulet. I went to my first class.

Déjà vu running through my brain. I looked around feeling someone burning holes behind me. I looked over my shoulder finding a familiar pair of green eyes staring back at me.

I blushed when I realized he's been looking at me this whole time. I looked away with a slight smile. The bell rang and I ran out of class. I went to my locker grabbing my bag so I could leave. I thought I could come to school and act like everything is okay, but I can't it's too much.

I ran towards the parking lot and I heard footsteps following me. I turned around as my hair covered my face. I felt a pair of warm hands remove my hair and tuck it behind my ear swiftly. I looked up watching Xavier is awe.

"I feel like I've known you for years" he said in a whisper. His breath fanned my face and goosebumps were vivid on my skin. I looked down with embarrassed.

"You don't know me, I just moved here this year" I said looking anywhere but his beautiful eyes. He took another step closer. He studied my face and I just stared at his chest. The school's parking lot was empty. Birds singing in the stress and the restless leaves scattered everywhere.