Storytime

Giovanna’s POV

 I’ll admit, I’m still thinking about what David said in the art room. I could’ve swore he said something else. I mean c’mon, ‘I piss glue’? Who the hell says that? Maybe it really is sleep deprivation? He definitely needs to get more sleep.

But what also got me thinking is what would he want from me? That’s why I kept on asking him. I couldn’t help myself! I hate owing people things. But I should just suck it up. He won fair and square. His painting was beautiful.  I love splatter paint. But I almost burst out laughing seeing him throw the paint everywhere.

“Now tell me, why is The Phantom of the Opera your favorite book?”

I was taken back when he asked me because I don’t usually tell people why. But then again, they don’t usually ask.

“You’re probably going to think it’s stupid.”

“Try me.”

I sighed. “It’s because I don’t like the ending. I think Christine should end up with the phantom, but she doesn’t. The phantom was the one that needed her and she didn’t stick around to realize that she would need him too. It was her past feelings that came up and messed with it. Along with Raoul being very persuasive. It angers me so much so that I continuously think of alternate endings. And I enjoy thinking of those endings. There, happy?”

“Yes.” He smiled at me and continued his book.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Ugh what time is it?” I asked while stifling a yawn.

“12 A.M.”

Damn we’ve been reading for a long time.

“I feel like someone rubbed sand paper on my eyes.”

“Eh, I’m used to it.”

“Well not tonight you won’t. You’re going to get some sleep.”

“If you say so.” The sound of David cracking his neck and knuckles made my skin crawl.

“What?”

“I’m not really one for cracking joints.”

“Really? Not even the wrists?”

“I didn’t even know you could crack wrists.”

“Well you can.”

“Sounds wonderful.”

“Yes it is.”

We talked like this until we reached his bedroom. By then I was glad I had put on my PJs after taking a shower.

“Oh uh sorry. Did you want to sleep in your room?”

“No, no. I’m too tired to go back. Plus this bed looks nice.” My eyes went droopy as I slid onto the bed. I could hear a small chuckle coming from David as I sprawled myself all over the bed. I shivered from the cold feeling it gave me. Now that I mention it, this whole room is cold.

“Why is it so cold?”

“It’s not cold. Your room is just very warm.”

“Why?”

“Not sure.”

I yawned, “But, why?”

“Because I’m a vampire and I like the cold.”

“See? You could’ve just said the truth in the first place. I thought you trusted me!” I felt myself pouting in the bed sheets. God I’m tired. This is what happens when I don’t get sleep. I start acting loopy.