Late To Dinner

The door reopened to reveal the beast once more. I looked him as if I were a lost puppy. I felt so defenseless. I hated it. 

“Come with me.” He lead me out into a large hallway. 

All I could do was follow him to wherever we were going.

Not.

I sprinted in the opposite direction and took as many turns as possible. I could feel myself wheezing, but I ignored it. The pounding of steps practically made me jump out of my own skin. The sound of growling felt so close, my heart seemed like it was in my throat. Fear wrapped around my body like a thick blanket. It was as though it was preventing me from going faster. But as my adrenaline started to really kick in, I felt myself being lifted up and thrown over a furry shoulder. I kicked, screamed, and hit - whatever I could think of.

It wasn't until I tried every form of attempting of escaping did I start yelling. "Put me down you-you beast!"

"Think of some better names while you're up there. Beast is nothing new."

I huffed in response, but started making my very long list.

He set me down in a nice sized room with light blue walls. It had a small white chandelier, a four- post bed with white sheets and blue flowers on them, and white furniture. There were two doors, a TV on the wall, and a small balcony. The room was beautiful, but it felt unlived in with its bare walls.

 “This will be your room. Someone will get you ready for dinner at 7:20. Dinner will be served at 8.”

He turned to leave when I grabbed fistful of his fur. I wanted answers.

 “Wait! Why did you save me? How did you get like this? Are you some pedophile?”

He gave me this weird look as if I were crazy.

“You can’t wait until dinner?”

“You have no right to deny me answers! You took away my only family and now I’m stuck here for who knows how long with a beast that could be a cannibal or something!”

“Okay fine. I’ll explain. But, you can’t run away again.” His eyes bore into mine as I nodded. It's not like I would run away this second. He would totally be expecting that. 

 He sighed and went down on all fours. I backed away thinking that he was going to pounce on me or something. I was far from right. His bones started rearranging themselves beneath his fur as his breathing became heavy. His fur disappeared and left him with medium length jet-black hair on his head and smooth, pale, human skin. His fangs now looked like normal teeth and he shrunk in size, but still looked pretty tall. His body was muscular and toned. His shorts were now too big for him, causing them to sag. He looked up into my eyes and I gasped. He was half naked, and gorgeous.

 There’s a hot, naked beast guy in front of me. What do I do? I didn't learn about this in high school. They really need to update their health classes. But what do I do?! Do I throw a condom at the guy? Give him some ice or a band aid? No one taught me what to do!

He was on his hands and knees as he looked down at his too big shorts. Of course my entire face turned bright red. He kept his shorts up with one hand and got up.

Why am I so embarrassed? He’s the one naked!

 “So?" He gave me a cocky smile.

“So, what? You're a mutated werewolf?" It's not like his 'show' gave me many answers. In fact, it created more.

 “Uh no," he said, looking confused. "Anyway, my name is David Sparrow and I'm nineteen years old. As you can see, I'm no pedophile.”