Foolish Delay/Nasal Betrayal

A/N See I said I would be updating soon. So I thought these two chapters would be too short if they were separate so I combined them. I don't know why, but I've been having a writer's block lately. This week is going to be pretty hectic so I might drop off of the face of the earth, but since it's December and all I want to post more than just weekly updates. Well since the holiday is coming up, that means more frequesnt updates for sure. So concluding this longish note, please Vote/Comment/Share!

David’s POV  

Her lips were so soft against mine. I felt the small shaky breath she took the moment our lips touched. I was in total shock and couldn’t react. I could only think.

She’s kissing me.

I was in utter disbelief when she pulled back.

Wait! I didn’t get to kiss back! Stop!

She looked embarrassed of herself when I saw her face. I didn’t want our first kiss to be like this! She probably thinks I didn’t want to kiss her back. I have to fix this.

But before I could say anything she announced her retirement. She mumbled ‘happy new year’ and left the room like her life depended on it. Josh and Linda were cleaning up some of the mess we made so they didn’t notice the catastrophe that had just occurred.

Go after her you fool!

“Yeah I’m tired too. I’m going to bed.” I faked a yawn and ran out of the room, but not before hearing Josh say, “Thanks for leaving us to clean up!”

“I’ll clean the dishes tomorrow!” I yelled back, while running down the hallway.

I hoped that I could catch up with her before she reached her room. But, I guess she had other plans. When I knocked on her door there was no answer.

“C’mon Giovanna, open up.”

Still nothing. I stood there, knocking a couple more times, but to no avail. I slid against the door in defeat. It’s not like I can just kick the door open. She probably just wants to be left alone. Although I do recall her barging into my room, this isn’t the same. I’m not angry with her and I can somewhat understand her side of this. Considering on past occasions Giovanna didn’t know my side of the story during fights, I believe that’s what made her make rash decisions. At least now I have the function to think a bit more clearly, rather than when I would be angry. But, I have no reason to feel anger. I mostly just feel the pent up feelings of disappointment of what could’ve been.

Ever since we’ve made up, I’ve felt like we could actually be together. I just didn’t think that she would want to be with me. She’s always said that we would be nothing more than friends. And here we are, but being the greedy man I am, I want more than that.

I thought everything would be easy going, for a while at least. Just a little break from the inconvenience and internal turmoil this spell puts me through. But it’s not just the curse. It’s me. I’ve some how morphed into this man who is just slowly giving up.

Ah, but here’s the nip in the butt of this spell. The anniversary of the casting of my spell is slowly creeping up on me. But, this year it’s special. Melinda gave me three years to break this damn curse. Three years until I will forever be a beast. No more shifting. 24/7 beast. And to make matters worse, I won’t be able to break the curse after that.

Sucks, I know.

I slowly banged my head against the door in frustration. It wasn’t about the curse anymore. I do admit that when I had first met Giovanna I had my selfish reasons, but now it’s completely different.