Chapter 30 "Drawings"

Y/n's POV

I wake up, to see myself in Garnet's bed. I guess I had forgotten that I had slept there. I sit up and check the time on my phone. It reads 4:30. I decide to get up and get ready for school since I'm not tired. While brushing my hair, I walk out of Garnet's room and I see "Bloodstone" recording Steven while he's putting on his sandal. He starts talking to Steven, lecturing him about how he doesn't show off his gem enough. I decided to just let them do them, and I pour a bowl of cereal. After Steven leaves, I start pouring the milk and "Bloodstone" approaches me. "So, are you a Crystal gem too?" He asks.

"Um, I guess," I reply, sitting on the counter and eating my cereal.

"What's your name?"

"My name is y/n," I tell him, and he looks confused.

"That's a weird name for a gem." Says Bloodstone.

"Well, no. My gem name is my mom's name, g/n." I tell him, hoping he understands.

"And your dad?"

"Michael."

"Ha! That's a stupid dad's name!"

"Wait, what? Don't talk about my dad like that!"

"Why not?"

"Because he's my dad! I don't want to talk about him!" At this point, I get fed up with him and I get ready.

"Well, so-rry! I didn't know he was that special to you! Where is he?" Bloodstone asks me and I blush in embarrassment and rage that he asked that kind of question.

"D-don't worry about I-it! I-it's none of your b-business!" I yell and he backs up. After I get all dressed, I text Garnet and continue off to school. As I am walking, I decide to stop on a bench, since I'm in no hurry and I'm pretty early. I look out into the distance and I see the morning landscape. I take out a paper and begin to sketch it since I was bored. About thirty minutes pass. And I shove the paper into my backpack, along with my pencil and I leave for school. When I make it there, I go to my seat and sit down. Since I was so early, there weren't many students there yet, so I decided to look out the window and sketch something else to pass the time. I get so caught up in the drawing that by the time I finish, the bell had already rung and the class had started. I take out my papers and begin working until the teacher passes by me and sees my two drawings.

 I take out my papers and begin working until the teacher passes by me and sees my two drawings

The Drawings ^Picture them in full detail, but no color

She takes them and looks at them without surprise. They're not really important, so I continue with my work. She then goes back to her desk with the drawings in her hand and I watch as she throws them away. It makes me slightly disappointed that she did what she did, but I just brushed it off. After my first period, I pack my things and head for the door, but my teacher stops me. "Y/n, come here," she says and I walk over to her. "I don't want you doodling in class anymore okay? You're a really great artist, but please just do it on your own time." I nod my head and head out.

During lunch, I grab my food and sit down. Since the only friend I have here is Connie, and she doesn't have the same lunch time as me, I decide to call Garnet.

Y: Hey Garnet! How's the temple?

G: It's fine. We're busy something uh...dangerous! We're doing something dangerous here so don't come home after school. Go to the Big Donut and hang out there until I tell you to come.

Y: Ok, but we're? Who else is doing this dangerous thing?

G: ...

Y: Garnet?

G: We-we're? Y-yeah we're! Ruby and Sapphire! You know!

Y: Yeah, I know. But why aren't you saying I? You never refer yourself as two people.

G: I...

Y: Garnet, is there something you're not telling me?

G: N-no! I'm being totally honest!

Y: hm...okay. I'm trusting you Garnet! Ok?

G: Okay.

Y: K, I love you! Bye!

G: Love you too! Bye!