Chapter 39 - Unexpected

|Rose's P.O.V|

"Did you hear, Kyle is dating Angelica!"

"Apparently he proposed to her, Christina said she saw the ring!"

"I heard he confessed his love for her and now they're going to live in Paris."

"I heard Angelica telling her friends that she's pregnant with triplets."

Okay this was getting ridiculous! Where are all these rumours coming from?

Rolling my eyes, I make my way to the gym for my last class for the day. Upon entering, I scan around, trying to find Laura. Instead, I ended up staring at Angelica sitting on Kyle's lap with her chest pressed right against his whilst she devoured him like a starved lion. I swallow, averting my eyes away from them and join Malcolm.

"How did this photo get more likes than this!" Mal says outraged, shoving his phone in my face.

"How am I meant to know?" I shrug. "Have you seen Laura?"

"The last time I saw her was when she was entering Dylan's dorm." He says, his lips pursed.

"What!? But I thought Dylan was only using her to break up with his arranged fiancée?"

"Who knows with that girl."

A whistle was blown, as coach called us over to the front. "Alright listen up, we're going to play soccer, so I need helpers to help set u-"

"Oh my gosh! Are you okay?" A student, named Larissa, screams as she towers over another student who was on the floor, not moving.

"Larissa, go inform the nurse!" Coach says sternly, trying to carry the student. "As for the rest of you, play dodgeball or something whilst I'm gone. Kyle, you're in charge." He then leaves with the student who just happened to faint.

After Kyle divided everyone into two groups, the game started and balls were already flying, hitting the unlucky victims.

The only thing I was really good at was dodging the ball. I stood at the back, squealing and running away every time a ball came close to me. I had to learn the hard way that being brave and trying to hit someone only leads to injury.

I got hit by a ball in the face the last time I came close to hitting someone. My nose was bleeding and we had to stop playing. They all blamed me for that, almost like I wanted or asked to be hit in the fucking face.

"Come on Andrews, you're the last one!" Kyle's voice booms in the gymnasium, interrupting my thoughts.

I mentally groan as I notice that I was in fact the last in my team with Angelica and Kyle against me. I carefully walk to a ball and pick it up. Noticing that Angelica was too distracted by Kyle's handsomeness, I aim the ball at her which hit her knee.

I mentally cheer, proud of my effort. My team cheering aswell, encouraging me.

"That's not fair! I wasn't ready!" Angelica's soft voice whines, trying to convince Kyle.