SURPRISE!!

oh my gosh! I have re-read these two books and it was an absolute rollercoaster! but, as a treat I am writing another chapter!

before we get started, I have a new story up, and you should totally go check it out! its called "Learn To Love" and it is a Harry Styles story. go show it some love!

alright, onto the chapter! bye guys! xx

//

{6 years in advance}

Mackenzie is 16-17

Hadley is 13-14

Graham is 9-10

Kai is 6-7

-

"Mackenzie! Hadley! Y'all need to get going if you're going to make it to school on time!" I called from the kitchen as my two sons sat at the kitchen table, eating cereal.

"Mommy, why is Mac always late?" Kai asked me.

"You know Kai, I don't even know," I answered, kissing his cheek and then kissing Graham's.

Mackenzie and Hadley appeared and left for school, Graham leaving with the two girls. I turn to Kai, who was coughing up a storm.

"Kai, you okay love?" I asked.

He nodded, but I didn't buy it. I felt his forehead and he was burning up.

"Kai, why didn't you tell me you didn't feel well?" I asked the young boy.

He shrugged his shoulders and I told him to go back to bed. He didn't argue, and trudged his sick body up the stairs.

Ethan came down right after Kai went up and gave me a weird look after looking at him. "Emma, what's he doing? Are we still having troubles at school?"

I shook my head, "No, he's sick. Fever, coughing. He can't go."

Ethan nodded, kissing my head and saying he would take off. He doesn't have court for a few more weeks and he can work on the case from his office here.

"Well, I could take off too and get some stuff done before your parents come, along with mine?"

He smiled, his arms going around my body, "Not going to complain about that."

I smiled, kissing him before we both called our works to let them know we were not going to come in today. I went upstairs and changed into comfier clothing and I found Ethan doing the same.

"What would your parents want for dinner?" I asked, pulling my brown hair in a ponytail.

"I'm not sure. Probably anything, they aren't picky," he answered, kissing my cheek and leaving the room.

"By the way, your ass looks good in those jeans!" He called from the doorway of our bedroom, heading towards Kai's room.

"Thanks babe!" I called back.

//

"Mom, Kai didn't show up to my car. Please tell me you have him," Mac ran in saying, crying as Hadley and Graham ran in behind her.

"Sweetheart, he's upstairs. He's sick. It's okay," Ethan answered her as she cried into his chest, calming down as she knew he was safe.

"Mac, why are you crying?" Kai asked from the bottom of the steps, his cheeks flushed.

She went to him and kissed his head, "No reason buddy, why don't you go upstairs and lay down. I'll come watch a movie with you."

He nodded, running up the stairs with her in tow. Graham and Hadley tossed their backpacks down on the floor, sighing and going to the kitchen.

"Is the door open for a reason? You know strays can just come in this way," my father teased.

"Dad, Mom," I smiled as Graham and Hadley ran for their grandfather and grandmother.

"Hello loves! Where's Mac and Kai?" my mother spoke, coming to hug Ethan and I.

"Kai is sick, so Mac is watching a movie with him," Ethan spoke.

Both grandparents snuck up the stairs and surprised their grandchildren. We heard Mackenzie scream when she saw my father.

"Mind if we pop in?" We heard from the doorway. The two children and Ethan and I turned and saw Ethan's parents.

Graham and Hadley attacked their other set of grandparents, and after Harry and his wife Nicole came and hugged the two of us.

//

Its now a few hours after dinner and the kids are in bed. Us adults are downstairs, talking.

"We've thought about y'all a lot recently," Harry spoke, "and this trip was just really needed."

"The kids missed all four of you a lot," Ethan spoke as he wrapped his arm around me, and looking at his father.

"We've missed them so," my mother spoke.

"Can I just say thank you?" I spoke, as all eyes were on me.

"Thank you, mom and dad, for giving me a chance. Thank you, Harry and Nicole, for blessing the world with Ethan so I could marry the best man in the world. And Ethan, thank you for loving me and for loving our children as much as you love me. All five of you mean so much to me, and I could not have gotten through life without you. I love all of you."