eight

When I woke up, I heard people downstairs. And they weren't the uncles that live here.

I got up from my bed, my leggings and one of my dads old band t-shirts keeping me warm as I run downstairs.

There, I saw my other 5 uncles. The uncles that took care of me when my dad was shot. The uncles that took care of me when my dad and I both had the flu. The uncles that gave me candy behind my dads back, which usually resulted into me getting in trouble and them getting a lecture on why Hersey's chocolate isn't good for a 4 year olds stomach after an illness.

"Uncle Harry?" I spoke in disbelief as I walk into the room.

"Hey sweetheart," he spoke as I squealed and ran over to him, hugging him tightly.

"Uncle Zayn?" I spoke as he smiled, coming over and kissing my cheek and hugging me tightly.

I hugged all of them, me ending up sitting in my Uncle Louis's lap, me snuggling to his chest as his arms wrapped around me.

"Back to our conversation," my uncle Liam spoke.

"So, they want a reunion?" My dad spoke.

Wait, what? A reunion. As in a whole 7-8 months without my dad.

"Yeah, both of our old managements think it would be a good idea, just for one last time," Uncle Niall spoke this time.

"And since you aren't going with Ashton, Michael, and Calum this summer, all of 9 of us could go like old times," Uncle Zayn spoke.

I sat up a little and left the room, hearing a sigh come from my fathers lips.

I go to my room, where I shut the door and grab my phone, going to my bathroom and shutting the door.

I dialed Jacksons number, it ringing a few times.

"Hello?"

"Hey."

"Emma? Are you alright?"

"I'm not sure, to be honest."

"Why? What's wrong sweetheart?"

"My dad could be leaving for 8 months. He's deciding right now."

"Oh god, I'm so sorry. I thought they stopped years ago?"

"They did. Both my dads band and my other uncles bands managements think it would be a good idea to have a reunion. Jackson, he hasn't been away from me in a long time. It makes me nervous."

"It's alright. Listen, come over. We'll watch movies and make fun of sappy romantics until you feel better. I'll be waiting, okay?"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, my mom is at work thing this weekend anyways. I'm home alone until Monday morning. Just come over."

"Okay, I'll get ready and come over."

"Don't even get ready. Just come in your pajamas, it'll be a lazy thing too."

"J, I'm in leggings and an old band shirt. I need to change."

"No you don't, you're beautiful in whatever you wear."

"I hate you."

"No you dont. Now get your butt here, brownies are going in the oven and I just stocked up on junk food."

"I'm leaving now."

I hung up, slipping on some TOMS. I told my mom where I was going and went out the back door so I wouldn't have to face my uncles and father.

//

"I can't believe we just made fun of The Notebook. We're awful people," I laughed as the credits rolled on the screen.

"I do it all the time, it's fine," he smiled as he found another movie and putting it into the DVD player.

"You know, I appreciate you taking my mind off things. It's just what I needed," I whispered as he looked down at me.

"Sometimes I have those days. Everyone gets them. This is how I get over it," he spoke back.

"Are they about your dad?"

He nodded sadly, "Yeah. Sadly, they are."

"I'm sorry J. Bad things happen to good people and the world my never know why," I spoke.

"I love that about you," he spoke.

"What?"

"I love that you make me feel so good about things. You brighten my days when they're gloomy and make my good days better."

I blushed, "I try."

"Well you know what, you're pretty damn good at it," he smiled as he leaned in a kissed my lips.

//

"Em."

"Emma Grace, please let me explain."

"Please don't be mad sweetheart."

I opened the door, "Mad? Dad, you're leaving me for 9 months!"

"I understand baby girl, I do. But this will be the last time."

"Will it daddy? Will it really?" I asked him.

"Yes, it will be the last time I leave for a really long time. I may leave for three weeks again with your uncles, but that'll probably be the longest time span after this."

"9 months, I can't believe it. You know you'll miss the twins birthday?"

"I've already called off that week. You have to trust that everything will be okay," he spoke.

"How can I? The last tour I remember us going on you got shot! And that was before my accident! You wanna know how I know that? Your so called 'fans' remind me everyday and say that it's my fault. And dammit daddy, that can't happen again."

"Oh sweetheart, it won't. Don't cry Em, please," he spoke as he walked closer to me and hugged me to his chest.

"I can't let something happen to the most important man in my life right now. Please daddy, don't get hurt," I cried as I felt his grip loosen, then tighten.

"I'm not going anywhere. One day, I'm not going to be the most important man in your life Em. You're going to find a man that treats you better than the king does the queen and all of that will change."

"No it won't, because I'm the princess and your the king daddy."

//

new chapter! sorry ive been inactive, i went out of town this weekend and ive been super busy.

some of you have asked me about re-writing abai, and i have. well, sort of.

go check it out, its in my works. there is a MAJOR twist in this storyline, so go put it in your library.

bye guys, love you <3