thirty-four

It's two days before my dad birthday and I've decided that I would make a speech for his 34th birthday. I just needed to go see Uncle Ashton and Uncle Calum for more information about when I was really little because I can't remember.

I got dressed and went to Uncle Calum's first. I knocked on the door and my Aunt Lily let me inside.

I hugged her tightly and I hugged Addison when I walked into the living room. I went upstairs and stopped by Andrews bedroom, waving at him before hugging him tightly.

I found my uncle in the bedroom, him watching the game. I went and got on the bed, laying next to him.

"What's up Em? You sounded weird on the phone," he spoke.

"I need you to tell me about my childhood," I said.

"Emma, don't you think-"

"I've already been over this with Uncle Michael. I don't want to go to dad because it hurts him when I talk about it."

He sighed and turned the television down a bit, explaining everything.

//

"Alright," I spoke as I stood on a chair and my huge family calmed down and looked at me.

My uncles and I planned a huge surprise party for my dad for his 34th birthday. My uncles from One Direction are here and I was excited to see them, even though I just saw them a few days ago. Maybe a week or two ago.

"Tonight, is a big night. It is my beloved fathers 34th birthday. Around 15 years ago, maybe a little more, a 18 year old boy went into an orphanage and adopted a little 3 year old girl. The 18 year old boy was the man sitting right there and the 3 year old girl was me, but I'm sure almost all of you knew that. If not, spoiler alert?" I spoke as they laughed and my dad kept a smile on his face.

"At the age of 7, my dad and I were in an accident. I almost met the angels above, but I was given another chance, and I was so lucky. But, like a close relative and I say, with the good comes the bad."

Uncle Michael smiled at me and then looked down at Arden that sat in his arms, kissing her cheek and then looking back at me.

"The good was me still alive, obviously. The bad was that I lost my memory. I forgot myself and another person I wish not to name at this time," I said, "but when I woke up my dad was still there. My family was still there for me and they continued to love me and I have never been more blessed. My dad and I have been through thick and thin and I'm so glad that he didn't give up on me, on us. We're an adventure or a thrilling roller coaster. By the way dad, Six Flags for my fourth birthday? How did you get me on rides?"

Everyone laughed and Uncle Calum patter my dad on the shoulder as he laughed.

"I'll wrap it up saying that I appreciate you so much, daddy. Thank you for not only being there for me at my worst, but being the reason I'm usually at my best. I love you, old man."

I got off the chair and walked towards him as he got up. He hugged me tightly once I reached him and he kissed my head.

"Thank you so much sweetheart, I love you," he spoke as I smiled at him.

I left him to have fun and walked inside, where Jackson appeared. He stunk of some awful cologne and he was fixing his shirt.

My eyes widened at him as Uncle Louis's daughter walked down the stairs and waved at us, giving Jackson a look. He looked at me and his eyes widened and he spoke, "Emma, its not what-"

"Save it," I snapped as I ran outside to find my dad, but he was having fun with his friends. I can't bother him, it's his night.

I turned back into my kitchen and grabbed my keys, seeing Jackson pace the living room while he was talking to someone on the phone.

"What do I do Gram?"

I rolled my eyes and went to my car, being caught by Uncle Niall on the way.

"Where are you going princess?" He spoke as he carried his 3 year old son named Hudson.

I looked at him with tears in my eyes, "I can't be here with him."

"Hey, hey, don't cry," he spoke softly as he looked at the young child in his arms, then back at me. "What happened? Who can't you be with? Oh, is your anxiety messing up? It's alright, it makes me a little nervous too."

"It's not that," I spoke, "I think Jackson cheated on me."

//

ALRIGHT PEOPLE, THE MAN HIMSELF IS TURNING 19! Even though it is still Wednesday, July 15th where I live, it is around 2 in the morning in Australia. so, a huge happy birthday to the boy who sang me to sleep when I thought I would have a restless night. to the boy im so in love with that it's funny and seems fake. i know he will probably never notice me, but i know he cares. luke robert hemmings, you've stolen my heart and im glad that it was by you! i love you ❤️