thirty-two

I walk through the airport, trying to get my bag so I can go to my car. My mom told me she dropped it off last night before we arrived so I could drive home in peace, knowing I would need a few moments by myself.

Don't get me wrong, I love my family with all my heart. I just need a breather.

When I found my bag, I hugged my family tightly and told my father I'd be home in a little bit. I got in my car and sighed, grabbing my phone as I dialed Ella's number.

"Hello? Do you know what time it is?"

"Yes, it's 8 in the morning. Get your ass up, I'm hungry."

"Are you somewhere that has the same time as us?"

"Ella, I'm home. Now get dressed, I'm coming by and we're going to Starbucks."

"Shit, okay. When will you be here?"

"About half an hour. I've got to go through morning traffic and then to your house. From the airport that's 20 minutes, plus the traffic."

"Alright, I'll be waiting Em."

I hung up and tossed my phone in the passenger seat, turning the radio off as I drove.

I arrived at Ella's a few minutes after half an hour, which she won't care about. I honked my horn and she came running outside.

"C'mon, I'm hungry," I rushed as she got in.

"Bitch, do you know what time it is?" She spoke with a smile.

I laughed, "Time to be alive."

//

"Bye El! We'll text later?" I spoke as she got out of my car.

"Yeah, definitely," she spoke as she shut the door.

I pulled out of her driveway and went home, where I properly showered and took a nap with Mason.

//

When I woke up, I had a few missed calls from Jackson. I sat up and went to my bathroom so I wouldn't disturb Mason and called him back.

"Hello?"

"You're home, right?"

"Yeah, got back a few hours ago, why?"

"It's raining."

"Yeah J, I know," I spoke as I looked out my bathroom window.

"Em, what's on my bucket list?"

"Jackson, I don't remember."

"It's to kiss you in the rain. So I want to do that, now."

"Come over, I'll meet you outside."

I hung up and changed from my short basketball shorts and a t-shirt to leggings and a different t-shirt and ran outside bare foot.

Seconds later J's truck pulled in the driveway and I ran to his car, both of us running to the middle of the street, our foreheads touching.

"I love you," he said loudly over the rain.

"I love you too," I spoke as he kissed the promise ring he gave me on my finger.

My finger went under his chin as his eyes met mine and we leaned in, our lips touching.

It was pure magic. Jackson let go from the kiss and we smiled, both of us running into my house, where we dried off and watched movies with my family.