seven

"Arden," i cooed as she cried.

It's currently 3 in the morning and I've been trying to get her to sleep for 1 hour. I'm literally about to cry myself.

I picked up the phone with one hand and I held her to my body with the other.

"Hello?"

"Daddy?"

"Sweetheart? What are you doing up? It's 3 in the morning there."

"Arden won't go to sleep and I've been trying for the past hour."

"Okay sweetheart, calm down. Lay back down and lay her down on top of you."

"Okay, now what?"

"Sing to her."

"What? Your crazy, I can't sing."

"Emma, just do it sweets. I promise it'll work."

"What song?"

"Uncle Michael says 'You Are My Sunshine' works."

"Okay, bye."

I hung up and set my phone aside, singing the lyrics quietly.

Eventually, the crying stopped. I smiled, looking over at my phone as it lit up from a notification and seeing that it is 5 in the morning. Then, Trevor began crying.

I lay Arden down and surround her with pillows, getting up from my bed and going to my parents room. I picked Trevor up and went downstairs as he played with the ends of my hair.

I set him on the couch as I turned the television on. Once he was content, I went and made him cereal for breakfast.

I heard Ella wake up and I sighed, going up there to grab her. I set her down next to Trevor and grabbed the bowl of cereal, feeding it to them both. Uncle Michael said they usually share a bowl anyway.

I see on the microwave it's about 6, so I grabbed a pillow and blanket and let the twins lay down on the couch.

I go upstairs to grab my phone and Arden woke up, lifting her arms up for my to pick her up.

I laid her against my chest and she cooed up at me for a little while. I kissed her forehead, going downstairs and laying with the twins.

//

"Em!"

"Luke, shh. They're asleep."

"Oh shit, I didn't see them."

"We'll take them off her hands. Thanks again for letting her keep them."

I felt the twins leave my sides and Arden leave my chest. the door shut quietly and someone laid beside me, rubbing my forehead.

"Trevor got slobbered on her forehead," my dad commented.

"Oh leave her alone. She probably didn't get enough sleep."

"I'll take her up to her room if you go get the boys," he spoke as I was lifted.

"How was your weekend?" I mumbled sleepily into my fathers shoulder.

"It was fine sweetheart, I missed you though," he spoke as he kissed my cheek.

"I missed you more," I spoke as he set me down in my bed.

"We're going to get the boys. Be back soon," he spoke as he covered me up and left the room.

//

"Hey love," Jackson spoke as we met at my locker.

"Hey," I spoke as I grabbed the books needed for my first class.

He grabbed my books and walked me to class, kissing my cheek before allowing me to go inside.

//

"Dad?" I called as I carried Ryder inside.

"Yeah?" He called from the kitchen.

"Do we have a bandaid?" I spoke as I heard him coming towards us.

I laid Ryder on the couch and Mason and Dylan went to find mom, she had the day off today.

"What happened?" He asked as he went to the hall bathroom to grab a bandaid.

"He fell getting out of my car," i spoke.

"You okay?" Dad asked him as he nodded.

"I'm fine," he spoke as he got up and ran upstairs.

"I have a question," i spoke.

"Okay, what's up?" He asked.

"Can I go to the game on Friday?" I asked.

"Of course. You're not staring at some boy are you?"

My eyes went wide and my face went red as I looked to my feet.

"Em," he spoke, "who are you staring at?"

"Jackson Brooks," i mumbled.

"Just don't let him hurt you, okay? You're my little girl and some boy isn't going to ruin that," he spoke as I nodded and left him alone

I texted J and told him it was okay that I came and then I stared on my homework.

//

"You did amazing!" I spoke excitedly towards Jackson as he came from the locker room.

"Thank you," He spoke as he kissed my cheek.

"What's this?" I spoke as I spotted a large bruise on his bicep.

He's been wearing long sleeved shirts because it's been 'cold'. Our teachers keep it chilly in classrooms because it's warm outside. I guess he just wants to be prepared.

"David punched me yesterday as a joke. It's fine," he spoke looking away.

"Are you sure?" I asked as he looked behind me.

"Yeah," he nodded as he looked back down at me, "Don't worry with it, really. I got him back."

//

im sorry it's been a while, ive been overstressed.

i had this idea where i would finish the chapter today and zayn would skype Emma to check in and surprise her for a visit, but then this happened today and i couldn't. my really good friend and i have been crying since we found out in lunch class.

for those who don't know, zayn malik has officially left one direction. i won't go into too much detail because i will begin crying again. if you have twitter, got to their one direction twitter and click on the link that has the caption above it saying 'one directions statement'. its very sad.

so goodbye zayn, you've made a huge impact on my life and i love you so much <3