Ch.28 The Revolution

Kaylee stood outside in tha dark gazing up at a window whose light was on but it seemed like no one was home at all. She felt sort of stupid just standing there waiting for something to happen in that apartment while she stood in the bitter cold, she could already feel her fingertips getting numb from standing outside. She knew that this was what she was supposed to do, but she was afraid to do it.

Suddenly, she noticed a shadow move through the room as Graham went over to his dresser, completely unaware that Kaylee was watching him. He picked up something and she realized it was his phone as he looked down at her, seemed disappointed, and then tossed it onto his bed. He bent down and then picked up a dark gray shirt and put it over his head then ran his hand through his wet, but also still curly hair.

Kaylee looked down to the box that she felt like she's been holding forever.

She promised Humbert that she would be the one to restore his heart, she had to keep that promise. Kaylee took in a deep breath and then stepped out of the shadow and into the light.

Humbert peered through the brushes at a deer peacefully eating a berry off of the bush nearby. He slowly rose up just above the leaves and started to take aim with his bow and arrow. He pulled it back and stared right at the heart, his own growing heavy with the decision he had to make. Humbert then said a silent prayer for the animal to take the safest passage up to the heavens above.

"Stop!"

Kaywinnet suddenly stood in front of the deer making Humbert drop down his weapon but not before it was released by accident. The arrow landed right in front of Kaywinnet's boot, making her jump back and gasp just as the deer took off running. Humbert let out a frustrated sigh as he put his bow over his shoulder as he made his way over to the woman. Kaywinnet l bent down and picked up the arrow and handed it to the hunstman.

"That was very reckless of you" Humbert scolded, "I could've killed you. What in God's name made you think it was okay to even go infront of the deer when I already had my arrow aimed at him"

"Because the mother of his fawn is giving birth as we speak"

Humbert opened his mouth, ready to remark back at whatever she was going to say but the thought of nearly killing a father made him stop. He then adjusted his bow as he looked back over to were it had just left, slightly thankful that Kaywinnet had stopped him.

He turned back over to her and then said, "You'll have to explain to Suri as to why we are eating berries tonight once again"

Kaywinnet then smiled as she went over to the huntsman and kissed the side of his cheek, the botom lip touching his rugged beard and the top on his smooth skin. She smiled at him like as if it was nothing and then quickly ran off out of his view to gather berries. Humbert stayed in one place as he felt his heart beating out of his chest, his palms became sweaty as he suddenly wished that he had kissed Kaywinnet on the cheek also. He brought his hand up to where he still felt her lips on his skin as an amusing smile crossed his face before he slowly walked over to where the young practicioner had run off to.