Ch.23 Breaking

Kaylee opened up her mailbox the next day after getting home from work. She was expecting to see her usual mail there but didn't expect to see a letter with a crushed flower on it. Her hands shook as she took it out of the mailbox as she could've only known who it was from. She would've been named the Town's Idiot if she didn't expect to know that this was from the Sheriff himself.

The woman let out a frustrated sigh as she took the steps up to the 3rd floor, not really feeling the need to wait for the elevator to take her up. She had tried all day to forget about her embarrassing incident but no matter what, it seemed to haunt her mind.

She already had her keys in hand as she could hear excited pitter-patter coming from inside her apartment. Kaylee smiled as she unlocked the door and opened it to be greeted by Suri.

It almost felt like this was the only time that she's actually smiled the whole day, Kaylee sighed as she took off her messenger bag. Maybe all of this meant that she should go on vacation.

She was apparently now the other woman when it came to a relationship that she had no idea about.

Kaylee took out the bottle of Bourbon and stared down at it. The night before flashed back through her mind as she slowly turned around and looked at the wolf.

The wolf was looking at her, almost like as if she was expecting the woman to take another drink of the dark liquor. But her stomach and liver were telling her a whole different story, in fact, they were telling her to throw it out the window.

"I must be out of my mind" Kaylee groaned.

She quickly took out a glass and placed it down next to the drink as she took off the cap and started to pour it into her cup.

Without having a second thought, Kaylee lifted it to her mouth and drank down the toxic drink as her taste buds wanted to vanish from existence. She slammed down the drink as a shiver went down her spine, making Kaylee jam her eyes shut. Kaylee bowed down in two as she gasped for air, begging herself to take a chaser of any sort. Tears brimmed her eyes once again as she looked up to the wolf and stared at it.

But the wolf just stared right back at her, almost like as if she was laughing in some ways. Kaylee let out a frustrated sigh of defeat.

"There goes my dignity" Kaylee mumbled to herself.

"Look at you" a voice said inside her head after she turned her back on Suri, "Well, this is really pathetic. I thought that I would see the brave Kaywinnet emerge but now I just see an weak Kaylee. Oh well, I guess I can't say I didn't warn you"

Kaylee turned back around and looked at Suri, "So it is true... I can talk to you now"

"Please tell me you didn't hear any of that" Suri let out.

Kaylee ran over to the wolf and hugged her friend, "The Curse is finally breaking. I've needed you more then ever, my friend"

Kaylee broke the hug and looked at the wolf, expecting to hear her say something once again.

It wasn't until she noticed that Suri was tryng to say something to her but nothing was coming out. Kaylee sighed as she sank furter onto the ground.

Then it happened sort of suddenly, a splitting headache errupted in her head as she let out a yelp and cupped her head. It almost felt like her head was trying to explode from the inside out.

Her mind flashed back to the other night when she had fainted after talking with Suri. Maybe this was a part of what's happening now? She let out a shagged breath as Suri let out a small whine as if to ask if she was okay. Kaylee only nodded as she pet the top of the wolf's head and walked over to her medicine cabinet.

Kaylee walked past the window and only glanced out to read the watchtower, saying that it was 5:40 in the evening. She suddenly stopped as an idea popped into her head. There was only one person that she had went to when she had discovered that her memories were back and no doubt was expecting her to return to inform about her powers as well. She knew that Mr. Gold was going to be at his shop late tonight as he always does on Wednesdays. All she had to do was wait until it was more dark and when no one was going to be around on the streets. Kaylee looked back over to Suri and stared at the wolf. She believed that it was time to visit Rumpelstiltskin once again.